Quality Control

kab449

I have our 3160EL since October of last year. Within the last month, after returning from a trip, I had no new problems. More than 6 months of dealing with many problems. I returned the trailer to the dealer 2 times but did the other repairs myself with the help of Ron Scarberry at Heartland. He is a valuable resource if you encounter problems with your dealer or wish to prevent extended downtime by doing it yourself.
All manufacturers are guilty of the get them off the assembly line fast and worry about the bad QC after they are sold. If you enjoy the lifestyle you have to accept this fact.

CDN

B and B
I must add something I did not know about till asking Heartland at Goshen Rally. The dining / theatre seating slide is built wrong. Does not sit level with the floor. Waiting on someone to get back to me on this. Asked again today with no response, sadly i am concerned they don't know what to do on a 10 week old coach.

Mburtsvt

Now this is what I'd call hitting the nail on the head! I'm no expert, but I think having to pay dealers for warranty work has to cost at least twice as much as doing it right on the manufacturing line.

Ernie

Surprisingly NO! You are paying for the warranty work! All new RV’s under warranty have an additional 1-3% built into then for a warranty account. It’s a line item on a profit and loss statement when you dig deeper into a companies financials.

The repairs are negotiated between the dealer and the manufacture on how much they will pay for repair work. At the end of the day use the dealer as much as you can to get things fixed - your paying for the repairs by your purchase of the RV.