Rally location ideas - 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Re: Input Requested for 2012 Rally Location

JB, I'm not sure now if I said that Pat and I would be there in a previous post. But unless the sky falls...we will be there. Can't wait to get my hands on a few people. GRRRRRRRRR.

jbeletti

Awesome Bob. Who will I need to hold down for you? Let me guess... KENNY!

Jim

jnbhobe

Looks just like him Kenny, wish I had sound on this computer!!! Well maybe not.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter

OK..OK. Just remember you 2...OLD GUYS WILL GET EVEN. OH, BTW, Dave could be one of them also.

Kenny, are you sure that is not you?? Been recording stuff while looking into your bathroom mirror?? I know you have a hat like that.

Last edited:

Jim Posz

I know it's on the website someplace, but what are the exact dates for the 2012 rally in Gillette? I've got a wife who hasn't got around to retirement yet.
Jim P.

funntheson

We would love to attend this ralley, but the annual rallies are scheduled in such a way that those of us with school aged children are out of luck (that will probably be the last week of school). Maybe the date should fluctuate as well as the location? I'm guessing we are in the minority, but there must be others in the same situation.

jbeletti

Larry and Jodi,

We've actually tinkered with the date to be more inclusive of those with school aged kids or those who are educators. But I hear ya, that even 15-June can be too early for some districts.

We also vary the date based on availability of the selected venues.

For the on-the-road North American rallies in the even numbered years, depending on where we have it, we will have to seriously consider timing based on weather conditions. For example, if we hold it well south, summer heat can be really bad. That said, I fully expect some spring and fall North American rallies within the next 10 years. Unfortunately, that can likely exclude most educators and students.

We'll keep tinkering with it, knowing no matter when or where they are held, not everyone can make it.

Thanks for the feedback!

Jim

funntheson

Yeah, July and August are beautiful in Wyoming. The average temperature in June is in the 60's. That's almost cold for us Southern Californians. I used to have a Great Uncle that lived in Hoback Junction (14 miles south of Jackson Hole). I have been to that area, including Yellowstone, many times.

gmpoirier

George

We'll be in Colorado so Gillette is a perfect location for us to attend our first Rally. Gillette is a winner.

I also suggest more of a northwestern location. We live in Central Alberta, Canada and would love to attend a national rally, but unfortunately with only 2 weeks vacation, the drive down to southern US is pretty hard for us.

loafer

We are planning to be there.Looking forward to seeing our Heartland friends we met from Ohio and Nashville rallies from 2010.
Also looking forward to meeting new freinds from the forum here.
God willing we will be there
Bill and Maureen

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member

Were there any tentative dates for the 2012 Gillette Rally yet?

ullabill

Jim,

My wife and I are looking forward to attending our first National Rally. We live in Sparks, Nv and will try to tie in with the Ca. caravan when they come through on their way to Gillette.

Bill and Ulla Burgess
Sparks, Nevada
2011 Sundance 3000RK

jbeletti

Closing this thread now the location and date is set. See this discussion thread to continue discussing this rally.

Jim

Status
Not open for further replies.