Real height = published height?

caissiel

I was told that the first 2 numbers represent the bumper hitch to bumper lenght. so as to be the same as a TT unit that is measured from the ball to the bumper. When you park a 5th wheel in a campground, it is the same nominal as a TT unit. Ex. my 3500L takes the same spase as a 35ft TT unit hooked to the truck. So the extra 4 ft is the distance from the ball to the 5th wheel or wheel center of TV. My 3500RL is actualy 39' long. Or the total lenght of TV and 5th wheel trailer is the same as a total TV and TT unit of the same nominal size.

porthole

Retired
All the builders probably look at each others web site and figure out how they can keep the numbers from meaning anything relevant - yeah that's it :confused:

SilverRhino

Call me crazy.....but with all the confusion over model numbers......I just took a tape measure along when we were looking for a new 5er......my tape measure is simple to read and does not involve "mystery codes" ;)

Natesi

Call me crazy.....but with all the confusion over model numbers......I just took a tape measure along when we were looking for a new 5er......my tape measure is simple to read and does not involve "mystery codes" ;)

Now that's just crazy.

= )

porthole

Retired

Yeah, but was the tape made in China or the US?