Repalcing Rear Bumper

crussian

Hello all - I searched the whole Forum to post my message/query and found this might be the place. My spousal unit "kissed" a cement pillar about 1 week ago. Kissed it real good. I don't want to claim on my insurance. The impact was very low speed so I am sure there is no alignment issues or frame problems. My question is this: Are pictures of items on the internet transposed? I am inserting or attaching a picture of my current bumper and a new one on the web.

The puzzling thing is that ALL pictures on the internet show my trailer/boat electrical hook up on the left side of the license plate. As my picture shows, it is on the right side.

Anyone know if the picture on the web is transposed or flipped?

If there is another area in the FORUM that is more appropriate to post this please let me know.

Thanks.

C

Attachments

• Replacement Bumper noted.jpg
    Replacement Bumper noted.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 52
  • 2015 Dodge Ram 3500 Tradesman rear bumper sized.jpg
    2015 Dodge Ram 3500 Tradesman rear bumper sized.jpg
    109.8 KB · Views: 59

GregP

Not sure about whether photos are transposed or not, but the location of the trailer plug shouldn't be too big a deal. I spliced in a length of wire to add an in-box trailer plug in my RAM truck and found plenty of wire under the bumper with the original factory set-up. It had been doubled up and secured with nylon ties. If you have similar extra wire, you should be able to remove and re-install your trailer plug on either side of the licence plate.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
The only things that I see that could be a problem on that new bumper in the picture are the holes for the backup sensors.

Peace
Dave

crussian

Thanks everyone. I have a Tradesman model so it has no frills such as back up sensors or camera. Just a plain ole bumper. I will take a look underneath the bumper to see how much wire is there. I could just extend with same size wire, cut and splice.

Thanks again.

C

Bogie

Today, most replacement bumpers are from after market manufactures. The one you are looking at may be their (aftermarket guys) version that fits more than one year or model. You might want to try your local parts recycler (Junk Yard) for a factory bumper. May also be a lower cost. :rolleyes: