RV Outlet USA Danville Va

dblr

I am looking @ a couple of units @ RV Outlet USA and wanted to know if anyone has dealt with them before and how was it. I found them on RV Trader and just trying to see if it would be worth the 700 mile round trip.
Thanks for any help.

Mrscookie

DW of a senior member
dblr, I have not dealt with RV Outlet USA, but many people have and have been happy. I also know that some people have bought thier rigs long distance and have had problems getting it serviced locally. For that reason I would pay extra to avoid those issues and buy locally. Just my personal opinion. Others will give you theirs.

Peace
Dave

I also have not bought from them but have talked with a couple of people that have and they were happy with them. I did email them a couple of months ago and was very impressed with how fast they emailed me back and to the length of the information that they gave me in the email. There prices seem to be good. We live a few hours away and when we get to the point that we will be buying a new one we will be making a trip to see them.

Bobby A

If your worried about getting service from your local dealer just go to the service department before you buy your Heartland product and ask them what there position is for working on rigs that were not bought at that dealership. Thats what I did, and luckly they do.

porthole

Retired
dblr, I have not dealt with RV Outlet USA, but many people have and have been happy. I also know that some people have bought thier rigs long distance and have had problems getting it serviced locally. For that reason I would pay extra to avoid those issues and buy locally. Just my personal opinion. Others will give you theirs.

Peace
Dave

I tried buying local - only 12 miles from our house - but the dealer was 11,000 off in pricing, and difficult to get through to them what I wanted.

And that price did not include shipping, and all their inflated doc fees.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
Regarding the service issue: Heartland will allow a non-Heartland dealer to preform warranty service as long as it is pre-authorized. This can even mean a RV service center that only does service and not sales. If you have any questions regarding service issues call or email Heartland Customer Service at Heartland Customer Service
877-262-8032 / 574-262-8030
eMail Heartland Service

porthole

Retired
Regarding the service issue: Heartland will allow a non-Heartland dealer to preform warranty service as long as it is pre-authorized. This can even mean a RV service center that only does service and not sales. If you have any questions regarding service issues call or email Heartland Customer Service at Heartland Customer Service
877-262-8032 / 574-262-8030
eMail Heartland Service

That is my plan. Although the local dealer is a multi SOB, it is a Camping World service center, so I am expecting this to be a doable solution.

charlie51

I bought a Sundance 310QB from RVOutlet in April. I found them easy to deal with and they didn't try to charge any crazy fees or hide charges. The only problem I had was that the add for my TT that they posted on RVUSA.com wasn't completely accurate. It said it had the RVQ grill, and 15" wheels which it had neither. I knew it had 14" wheels and didn't really want the grill anyway so it didn't matter, but the salesaman I spoke with on the phone alsosaid it had those things and when I got there it didn't. like I said I knew about the wheels and didn't want the grill anyway, so I was pleased with them since they were $4000 cheaper than Camping World and it included the 15K A/C.
p.s. A friend just tried to deal with Camping World in Chattanooga and they tried to charge him $800 to do a PDI with him, and he said they were the most unfriendly and uncaring people he had seen.

TanDumb

Kim and Chris
We talked to the guy whom does the Cyclone video demo on the Heartland website and he told us that we were very lucky to be so close to RV Outlet. I have spoken with John the owner a few times and he has been very helpful and cordial. I look forward to dealing with them in a few months. Please let me know how it goes when you visit the dealership.

beasleyrl

We bought our Cyclone 3912 at RV Outlet a little less than 2 years ago. From sales to service, they have been GREAT! This is our 3rd rig (2 5Er's and 1 camper). All were purchased from different dealers. The only dealer I would ever consider going back to is RV Outlet! It's about a 4 hour trip for us to Danville but well worth it! If you go/call, ask for Kenny. He is one of the owners and is about as low pressure as you can get.

They have about every type of TH (Heartland and Keystone) so it makes comparison easy. After owning both a Keystone and Heartland, I will say in my mind, there is no comparison. Heartland is far superior.

Good Luck!

ncrebel8

Wesley and Niki Norwood
Bought our 3410 RE from John at RVOutlet back in march 2009. Could not be happier with the way we were treated or the price we got, and believe me we shopped everywhere trying to beat his price. We didnt have a big deal with distance, its only 2 hours from our home to RVOutlet. We checked prices all over the country and couldnt beat him. During our PDI (which was free by the way) John and another salesman went over everything, and they had several of thier shop employees out there fixing anything we could find before we pulled it off the lot. Very pleased with them so far!

racermom

We purchased our 4012 from them. Custom ordered, so we didn't pick from their selection... Service was great in the beginning, however when it came to warranty work, things got a little slower. A lot of empty promises and after a while we just gave up.

I think if we didn't live so far from them, 3 hours, and we weren't so busy with our schedules. (We race 15 weekends out of the year and during our breaks we would pratically go out every weekend camping,) Things would have turned out better. It just gets frustrating when we would be ready to have work done, then Heartland would be closed for the season and things that were supposed to be ordered once they reopened never happened. Then they didn't recall conversations, so it was a he said they said situation.

When it came to the major things, they were right on top of it, anything minor, I would try to find a local dealer or try to fix yourself... All and all though, they were very helpful and very good with our initial problems.

Golferkids

We bought from RV Outlet and are very happy. They have a huge inventory and were able to fit us in the 5th that suited us best. We had looked at a Raptor first, but when we got there and saw the Cyclones and the better quality we bought our 3912.

We have recieved service from Chesapeake Solutions on a minor issue with the blackwater flush and they had no problem servicing the unit.