Sailun S637 G rated

All, having recently joined blowmax owners club and having resolved to drop my membership in same I have been researching replacements. Most of the talk here about the Sailuns has been about the 17.5 tire presumably a j rated truck tire. But hoe about the 16" G rated tires? Y'all been seeing good reviews of them?

Rob_Fla

Re: Sailing S637 G rated

I ran the Sailun S637 "G" Rated 16" tire on our last 5th Wheel for about 30k trouble free miles.

Great quality tire, very heavyweight construction.

Would buy them again without hesitation.

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired
Sailun's came on my 2011 BH from the factory and they were a good seviceable tire. Trace

Last edited:

superduty08

Tennessee Chapter Leaders

They came on my 2015 BIgHorn and have been great. I researched them before our unit arrived and could not find a negative review.

aatauses

I have also heard good reviews about them---does anyone know where they are made??
al
currently in Deadwood, SD

MikeR

I did a Google search on "Tire IOS rating" and came up with nothing. What does this this rating measure???

I believe he meant that the factory complies with ISO (International Organization for Standardization) standards. But, there are different ISO standards.

Last edited by a moderator:

danemayer

Many times ISO used in this context means they comply with ISO 9001 Manufacturing Standards. In a nutshell, to be ISO 9001 certified, you have to have a manufacturing process that makes sense to the auditor, and you have to show evidence you follow your process. IMHO it's not worth much because it's too easy to get certified.

CrazyCooter

I just sold some to some friends/customers of mine for their BigHorn as replacements for the separated TowMax's. Although these were the first S637's, I have sold many med duty Sailun tires to budget conscious fleet customers.

My recommendation is always an american made tire like Goodyear or Cooper, but quality imports like Michelin, Bridgestone, Toyo, etc.... are fine too. The cost of all this rolling stock is just pricing a lot people out of the market.

I would put them on the Cyclone when the G614's wear out, but they are huge! I don't think they would fit with the 33" axle spacing.......

travlingman

Here is a cut from their corporate website showing certifications.

Sailun has got ISO9001 Quality Management System Certification, ISO14001 Certificate of Environmental Management System, ISO/TS16949 Certificate, Certificate for China Compulsory Product Certification, EU ECE certificate, US DOT certificate, INMETRO certificate of Brazil, SIRIM certificate of Malaysia and SOCAP certificate of Nigeria. Sailun strives for perfection of quality.

swiftk77

I am "trying" to get through two more local trips on my blowmax tires and plan to get new tires next Spring. Anyone know of a Sailun dealer in the Denver area?

Thanks - Ken

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jim.Allison

Oh no you should not have said that...........you gotta change them now. But you did say local so maybe your OK.

The companies that know how to bond rubber to a tire carcass can be counted on one hand, I'm prejudiced to the Goodyear. But realize there are others. And it depends largely what you will be doing with your rig as to what you want to spend.

There are tires you should generally run from and that is Chinese tires. Pay me now or pay me later as the saying goes. Look in the cookie jar, and see what you got in there and buy some boots for that rig. Get a tpms system while you are at it.

BTW if you buy off the net, Pay Pal will finance them for 6 months no interest plus you pay no tax or freight (at least in Texas) when you order out of state. You can take them to a country tire shop and pay to have them mounted and balanced.

Good luck

I am "trying" to get through two more local trips on my blowmax tires and plan to get new tires next Spring. Anyone know of a Sailun dealer in the Denver area?

Thanks - Ken

Tool958

Thanks - Ken

I bought mine through Big O Tire. I know they are in your area, because we had to buy a set of Coopers for our Cyclone while we were in Loveland, Co. Two years ago. Had to replace the Blowmaxes while out there with Cooper tires. We were assured at the time that the Cooper tires would give us no more problems. I wouldn't recommend the Coopers either. Had the same problem with them. Took a trip on the Sailuns this year to Sturgis and back. No problems what-so-ever. Monitored them the whole trip. Never heated up like the other two previous sets of tires. The only downfall I can see with the Sailuns is that they are a little rougher riding tire. It was well worth it to finally have a peace of mind that there was no more problems of flats and blowouts somewhere along the Interstate.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

pjberny5

Superduty08. I'm Replacing all my tow max tires on my 3260 with the Saliun S637. What PSI are you running in yours.