Satellite Dish install

Wanderlust

So, we are trying to install our new satellite dish and when we pull the wires out of the ceiling in the bathroom of our '17 Landmark Newport this is what we find!? We expected two separate coax cables. However we found this and it's very confusing. The black one is clearly for power to the dish however the for one that's looped together, are we supposed to cut that into two pieces and put two coax ends on it to go out to the living room and the bedroom? Or should there be three separate coacts cable? One for the living room bedroom and for the outside televisions. Any input on this would be great for us when we called heartland they didn't seem to understand why it would be this way and offered no help.
a04fabdcb2bc7babf86b10c37d4373e4.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wanderlust

So, we are trying to install our new satellite dish and when we pull the wires out of the ceiling in the bathroom of our '17 Landmark Newport this is what we find!? We expected two separate coax cables. However we found this and it's very confusing. The black one is clearly for power to the dish however the for one that's looped together, are we supposed to cut that into two pieces and put two coax ends on it to go out to the living room and the bedroom? Or should there be three separate coacts cable? One for the living room bedroom and for the outside televisions. Any input on this would be great for us when we called heartland they didn't seem to understand why it would be this way and offered no help.
a04fabdcb2bc7babf86b10c37d4373e4.jpg

Or to clarify should this be cut into and then connected to the dish on the roof for service to the bedroom living room and outside television?

SNOKING

I do not know much about Dish, however for DTV you only need one coax from a SWM HD dish setup. A four port SWM splitter down in the UDC area will feed signals to the separate TV receivers/DVRs. We run whole/home DVR service with a five channel HD/DVR Genie in the living room and a 2 channel HD/DVR in the bedroom closet. In the park model we run the Genie and two HD/DVRs with one set to only one channel, as the SWM system is limited to 8 receivers. Genie = 5, Bedrom = 2 and office set to 1 = the 8 receivers.

I installed the SWM splitter on the back side of the UDC.

As a side note DTV HD signals require good compression coax ends. The old crimp on ends are a no no!

A second note: RV manufacturers are coax/ends/tightening challenged.

Chris

Wanderlust

I do not know much about Dish, however for DTV you only need one coax from a SWM HD dish setup. A four port SWM splitter down in the UDC area will feed signals to the separate TV receivers/DVRs. We run whole/home DVR service with a five channel HD/DVR Genie in the living room and a 2 channel HD/DVR in the bedroom closet. In the park model we run the Genie and two HD/DVRs with one set to only one channel, as the SWM system is limited to 8 receivers. Genie = 5, Bedrom = 2 and office set to 1 = the 8 receivers.

I installed the SWM splitter on the back side of the UDC.

As a side note DTV HD signals require good compression coax ends. The old crimp on ends are a no no!

A second note: RV manufacturers are coax/ends/tightening challenged.

Chris

Chris, thanks for the response. I'm not sure this answered the question though. Do we take this folded over coax cable you see in the picture and cut it to make two? This seems odd that it would be folded over like this but it does not have ends.
61c48c9c27e7a297b4d5743499a1d443.jpg

Wanderlust

Chris, thanks for the response. I'm not sure this answered the question though. Do we take this folded over coax cable you see in the picture and cut it to make two? This seems odd that it would be folded over like this but it does not have ends.
61c48c9c27e7a297b4d5743499a1d443.jpg

This is what is in the ceiling that need to be fed through the roof to the dish. But do we cut it?

SNOKING

This is what is in the ceiling that need to be fed through the roof to the dish. But do we cut it?

If you go to the back of the UDC you should find two similar coaxes. An ohm meter will tell you that they are shorted at the loop. Or you could call Heartland and they will tell you.

Look at page 47 is this document. And yes the loop needs to be cut and the correct ends installed after you get them on the roof. Depending on the antenna installed you will use one or both. Chris

https://manuals.heartlandowners.org/manuals/User Guides/Landmark 365 User Guide V1.1.pdf

Wanderlust

If you go to the back of the UDC you should find two similar coaxes. An ohm meter will tell you that they are shorted at the loop. Or you could call Heartland and they will tell you.

Look at page 47 is this document. And yes the loop needs to be cut and the correct ends installed after you get them on the roof. Depending on the antenna installed you will use one or both. Chris

https://manuals.heartlandowners.org/manuals/User Guides/Landmark 365 User Guide V1.1.pdf

Chris. Thank you for this information! We believe this is what we needed to do as well however I cant open the link you sent for some reason. I have looked on the heartland website for this manual but cannot find the page you mentioned. Could you screen shot the manual page and send it to me by chance? Or send another link? Thanks again!!

danemayer

Chris. Thank you for this information! We believe this is what we needed to do as well however I cant open the link you sent for some reason. I have looked on the heartland website for this manual but cannot find the page you mentioned. Could you screen shot the manual page and send it to me by chance? Or send another link? Thanks again!!

It's the Landmark 365 User Guide in this folder. You might want to try viewing from a computer or at least a tablet.