Show off your towing rig!

pegmikef

I have the ultimate as well. Only thing I might want would be the KR leather but DW did not like it. I was not real big on all the extra chrome on the platinum either so we got ours. As far as mpg what are you getting now. I am avg 15 on hwy bobtail doing 70 or so. It has gotten better but we only have 13.5k miles so far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I get just about the same in my KR as you Andy, but I too have low mileage (16k).

jassson007

Founding Louisiana Chapter Leaders-Retired
It has only been a few days but my driving habits are the same as when I was driving my F250. I am monitoring the mpg readings on the dash. I set it to 30 minute intervals for better averaging. We drove from Baker to Hammond and back and it was showing 19.8 mpg @ 65 mph. So far it is getting around 17.1 driving locally. I filled it up last night and will see what city driving will be this week. It is amazing, with the 4.30 gears it will reach 6th gear @ 38 mph, 1100 rpms and not lug the motor.

We can baby it and get better in city but overall we are still getting 15 or so. Now if I get on it at every light I can drop it fast. Lol. We went to Houston last week bobtail and got on avg up to 15.4 but again that was 70-75 on I 10 in Texas. I don't want to get run over. Lol

Speedy

I'll add another photo in the GMC/Chevy banner...

Attachments

• Tampa Trip 050.JPG
    Tampa Trip 050.JPG
    58.5 KB · Views: 83

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
It might be a 2004 but it still looks new. Mine seems to be covered with mud most of the time. The joy of having a 1/2 mile dirt/mud driveway.

These pics are after wash/wax before we headed to National Rally in 2012 and 2013. Poor thing drives on white gravel roads in our RV park now, can't stay clean. :(

Jim-Lynn

Beautiful truck Jeff - now you just have to extend the carport roof to cover "White Beauty".

sengli

We just traded from the GM camp to this new RAM 3500 longhorn laramie edition. Its so new we havent even towed anything yet. For now it just sits in the barn till spring. Got the sunroof, 3.73 gearing, and the aisin tranny.

Attachments

• IMAG0004.jpg
    IMAG0004.jpg
    384 KB · Views: 80
  • IMAG0005.jpg
    IMAG0005.jpg
    491.4 KB · Views: 81

jeffdee

Beautiful truck Jeff - now you just have to extend the carport roof to cover "White Beauty".

LOL, yes, or get off my 'duff' and clean out all the clutter that is blocking it from going all the way in. You can tell which side the wife gets to park in.

Thanks Jim.

JeremyN

My 2007 Silverado 2500HD. I feel weird posting this with a travel trailer! :) Everyone seems to have 5th wheels.

CAM00007.jpg

Miller0758

We just traded from the GM camp to this new RAM 3500 longhorn laramie edition. Its so new we havent even towed anything yet. For now it just sits in the barn till spring. Got the sunroof, 3.73 gearing, and the aisin tranny.

Nice ride ... I love the Ram

JWalker

Northeast Region Director-Retired
My 2007 Silverado 2500HD. I feel weird posting this with a travel trailer! :) Everyone seems to have 5th wheels.

View attachment 33884

We loved our North Trail travel trailer.
2pouvf5.jpg

jeffdee

Just traded our 2011 F350 SRW in on this yesterday to pull our LM365 Newport.
View attachment 33885

Yes, beautiful truck. I was wanting to get a Platinum package but just could not swing it. I settled for a Lariat Ultimate that looks like a Platinum. I know you are enjoying yours as much as I am enjoying mine. I am going to pick up my 25k Reese Elite hitch today.

Bryced15

We only had 7,000 miles on the 2011, but decided we needed the DRW. Found this 2013 platinum with all of the equipment I had on the 2011(dual alternaters, rapid heat, block heater, gooseneck hitch, sunroof) with only 8,500 miles on it. Got an awesome trade deal and drove 18 hours round trip to get it Saturday. All 18 hours in the torrential rain, but it was worth it. Wanted a 2015 with the new exhaust brake and wide track front axle, but couldn't pass this up.

jeffdee

I got my hitch in today and installed it. This Reese Elite is a lot cleaner looking with the hitch prep package.

Attachments

• IMG_0007_zps0831d081.jpg
    IMG_0007_zps0831d081.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 111
  • FT_zps3da1854c.jpg
    FT_zps3da1854c.jpg
    120.5 KB · Views: 114

marvmarcy

I don't know how to post photos, but its probably just as well - I might upset the "bigger-is-better" folks (truck in sig below). ;)

Seriously, I'd be proud to own any of the beautiful trucks on this thread.