Shower Leak

Own a 2011 3450TS Big Country and just noticed water coming from under the shower by the shower door. Checked the storage area for water and there hasn't been any. Could not unscrew the drain so I tried to seal it with caulking but that hasn't stopped the leak. Has anyone had this problem.

Bobby A

From under the shower ?? pan ?? if so, I had the same thing happen in my old SOB, it was the drain seal, removed and replaced and used liquid teflon on the threads, no problems after that.

If you think it could be coming from the door or shower surrounds, the manufacture of the shower doors were at the Goshen rally and gave some great information. There is several threads on this topic, if you can't find what your looking for PM me and I will share what they said at the rally.

GOTTOYS

As I remember the Mfg. at the Rally said to caulk the outside not the inside. Any water that gets in will drain back to the shower pan. It all made sense to me...Don

branson4020

Icantre Member
Water can run down the back wall behind the shower and seep out under the pan. The water can come from a leak around the faucets, or from a loose fitting on the water line water line behind the wall.

tonyl

titanium5er
Chances are you have a defective faucet. Shut of the water, Remove the handles from the faucet. The handles have a hole in the side with a set screw that attaches them, you will need an Allen Key to remove them. Once remove you will see two plastic nuts. Remove the nuts and you should now be able to remove the nickel cover plate. Replace the nuts and the handles. Dead head your shower and turn the water back on. You will probably see water spraying from the back of the black center section. I have replaced 3 of these in my BH Ti32 before I found a good one. I also had a leak in the vacuum breaker behind the shower, that had a bad crimp.
Tony

olcoon

Don't want to hijack the thread, but does anyone know where to get the plastic "pop" rivets that hold the shower surround to the wall? We've got one coming loose. The same one was loose when we picked up the rig at the dealer when it was new, & they replaced it. Now I've noticed the same one is loose again. Would this be something Home Depot or Lowes would have? Also, we work camped this summer & it was a real pain using the shower head to shower with. Has anyone done a mod to a perminately attached shower head like in your sticks & bricks?