Slide comes out uneven

Flyinval

When opening our slides, the non door side slide, comes out on the bottom and the top appears to bind and then catches up. I am also not sure that it is fully extending. How do I troubleshoot? This is our 1st 5th wheel and I don’t think this is normal. It retracts fine.

danemayer

Hi Flyinval,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum. It would help to know: what trailer you have, including year/model/floor plan. Also, whether it's hydraulic, or electric. Finally, do you have slide toppers?

Flyinval

Hi Flyinval,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum. It would help to know: what trailer you have, including year/model/floor plan. Also, whether it's hydraulic, or electric. Finally, do you have slide toppers?

Hi and thanks for the reply.
We have a 2015 Oakmont 345RS.
the slides are hydraulic and we have slide toppers. We are currently on our 1st trip and just clicked over 2000 miles.

Flyinval

When opening our slides, the non door side slide, comes out on the bottom and the top appears to bind and then catches up. I am also not sure that it is fully extending. How do I troubleshoot? This is our 1st 5th wheel and I don’t think this is normal. It retracts fine.
“Oakmont 346rs -2015”

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
As far as opening it sounds like your slide is operating correctly.
The hydraulic rams are at the bottom of the slide so that's the part that will move first with the top catching up.

Peace
Dave

danemayer

As Cookie said, the hydraulic ram pushes from the bottom, so there can be a little lag at the top.

If the slide topper fabric was replaced, or the toppers were installed aftermarket, they might be rolled up too tight. The spring tension can apply a considerable amount of pressure at the top.

When slides are fully extended, they should end up slightly down at the outside so water runs off, not inside.

carl.swoyer

Maybe try lubricating with boesheild t-9. It is the best product I have ever used.
My slides are exceptionally smooth and quiet
5b5c320a1f541db2d54cb4fa09e3de25.jpg

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk