Slide Floor Detaching

TexasTraveler2017

Last Saturday when we were packing up, my wife noticed that our main slide (with the residential fridge/table/entertainment center) looked like something was wrong after it came in. It didn't make any weird noises, and we hadn't noticed anything wrong during our 2 week stay in this one spot. However, the floor appears to be detaching from the wall. We have another trip planned in 2 weeks (leaving on the 15th) to go to a wedding in Tennessee. I have contacted Heartland via email (haven't heard back from them) and my preferred repair shop here in DFW (Blue Moon). Blue Moon can't get us in until the 18th. If we were not under warranty, I would consider fixing it myself. I guess I'm a little worried that if I fixed it now and something else happened later, they might not cover it. Any input on possibly fixing this myself? Would it be possible to go ahead with our trip and schedule to get this in later? The way the edge of the floor is curved to be flush, I don't think it would get stuck open.

Thanks for any input!
Brent

IMG_6843.jpgIMG_6842.jpgIMG_6841.jpgIMG_6840.jpgIMG_6839.jpgIMG_6838.jpg

danemayer

Hi Brent,

Email is not the way to go on this. You'll find a phone call much better suited. First, regardless of who does the work, you'll want Heartland to note the problem in the database record under your VIN #, along with any helpful photos you may have.

Then you'll want to get their opinion on what needs to be done to correct the problem, and whether they think it likely that you could take care of the problem yourself. If they think so, then you can ask about what happens if you're unsuccessful.

I'd expect they'd agree, but you really need to work this out one step at a time, on the phone.

TexasTraveler2017

Hi Brent,

Email is not the way to go on this. You'll find a phone call much better suited. First, regardless of who does the work, you'll want Heartland to note the problem in the database record under your VIN #, along with any helpful photos you may have.

Then you'll want to get their opinion on what needs to be done to correct the problem, and whether they think it likely that you could take care of the problem yourself. If they think so, then you can ask about what happens if you're unsuccessful.

I'd expect they'd agree, but you really need to work this out one step at a time, on the phone.

Thanks Dan! Made a phone call and they had received my pictures and had them associated with our VIN. They just had not replied to the email. They said that it looked like I could probably try to fix it myself in order for us to go on the trip and then get it into the repair shop when we return. Since I had called in and they were making notes on the issue, they said it wouldn’t cause issues with warranty work performed later. Now to decide if we want to patch it ourselves, or delay our trip and make it more rushed to get to the wedding.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
I think we had this happen on our previous rig. I think we used longer screws up from the bottom into the wall frame, and more of them. Also think we drilled holes and countersunk the screws so they would not catch on anything as the slide went in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk