Slide help

Kenneths

I have a 2015 Newport, the bedroom slide has been acting like it is in a bind when putting the slide out. It works normal when putting it in.

I took the bed off and removed all of the panels so I could get to everything and I don't see anything wrong. I looked at all of the pullies and cables, I checked motor, drive, all of the rollers and chains etc. it all looks good.

If the motor was going bad wouldn't it do the same thing going both directions?

Any help is appreciated.

Routemaster

What does the box look like from the outside is it in the center of the opening? Mine is catching the top left and bottom right king studs capping on in and out movements.

mlpeloquin

What I have learned from owning a SOB, with a very large heavy slide, is to clean, wax the slide sides and bottom. Clean the roof and keep all of this up. You also have to clean and lube the sweep seals and bubble seals everytime you wash it. You got to be on top of this always. You may have a sweep seal catching on the slide wheel under the slide. On my Big Horn, that is what I found. Bring the slide in was harder than bringing it out. I purchased a camera that allowed me to inspect under the slide sweeps to see what was going on. Once I found the problem, I made a tool to grab, cut, and pull the piece of sweep free of the wheel. No further problems with that slide afterwards. It was the small bedroom slide. Cleaning, waxing, and sweep seal, and seal maintenance is a must more often then you think. A lot of drag is put on the slide mechanism without doing so. I should have done more of this on the Big Horn slides.

thewanderingeight

What I have learned from owning a SOB, with a very large heavy slide, is to clean, wax the slide sides and bottom. Clean the roof and keep all of this up. You also have to clean and lube the sweep seals and bubble seals everytime you wash it. You got to be on top of this always. You may have a sweep seal catching on the slide wheel under the slide. On my Big Horn, that is what I found. Bring the slide in was harder than bringing it out. I purchased a camera that allowed me to inspect under the slide sweeps to see what was going on. Once I found the problem, I made a tool to grab, cut, and pull the piece of sweep free of the wheel. No further problems with that slide afterwards. It was the small bedroom slide. Cleaning, waxing, and sweep seal, and seal maintenance is a must more often then you think. A lot of drag is put on the slide mechanism without doing so. I should have done more of this on the Big Horn slides.
What kind of wax do you use? Does it end up catching a lot of dirt and need to be completely removed and then re-applied?

I have been thinking about greasing the bottom of our flush slides with the spray that LCI recommends for the slides. It has Teflon and is not supposed to pick up dirt.

mlpeloquin

What kind of wax do you use? Does it end up catching a lot of dirt and need to be completely removed and then re-applied?

I have been thinking about greasing the bottom of our flush slides with the spray that LCI recommends for the slides. It has Teflon and is not supposed to pick up dirt.
I use Turtle Wax ICE. I use a car duster to maintain. I use, on our Swintek slide mechanism, dry silicone spray. On the seals and sweep seals, I use Camco slide-out rubber seal conditioner.

I have been unable to fix my cable slide problem for some time. I have adjusted the cables many times. It comes in, but won't go out. The gears just spin/click. I brought it in and adjusted the cables and the tension on them is the same. Still won't go out. Any suggestions? It's the big slide of my bunkhouse-wilderness. Could the gears be stripped only one direction? If they were stripped I figured it'd be the same both ways.

SLO

I have been unable to fix my cable slide problem for some time. I have adjusted the cables many times. It comes in, but won't go out. The gears just spin/click. I brought it in and adjusted the cables and the tension on them is the same. Still won't go out. Any suggestions? It's the big slide of my bunkhouse-wilderness. Could the gears be stripped only one direction? If they were stripped I figured it'd be the same both ways.

Had this problem on my 2016 Bighorn. Mine would go out but not in. Changed the motor/gear and that fixed it. Opened up the old gear box and there was a tooth missing. Got the replacement motor/gear here.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk