Slide noise

rpotter

Our 2015 heartland bighorn 3570 dinette slide has made a slight screeching noise since new when going in and out. Last month it actually came to a screeching halt about 2' from fully retracted. I had to push lightly against the slide while my wife pressed the button to get it fully retracted. I then took it to a repair shop for investigation.

The repair center said they dropped the bottom undercarriage cover and sprayed the slide gears and arms with rust proofing oil and ran it in and out several times. They said oiling was ok since it was in an area protected by the cover (not the outside arms). It now just makes the same light screech sound it did when we got it. Does anyone else get that type of noise on this or similar models with the larger slides?

They said the noise is pretty common on these larger slides.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

My Landmark makes all kinds of noises under both big slides. I've been all over under there trying to find the problems and everything looks fine. They say not to lube anything under there, so so far I haven't.

carl.swoyer

Spray silicone up into the gear box from underneath. dry metal is going to squeal.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

rpotter

My issue wasn't just the squeal, it actually would no longer retract until lubed.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

carl.swoyer

Exactly my point. The slides need lubrication. Use silicone only as wd 40 will hold dirt and prematurely wear out the gears

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired
My Landmark makes all kinds of noises under both big slides. I've been all over under there trying to find the problems and everything looks fine. They say not to lube anything under there, so so far I haven't.

The tech at our PDI said silicone spray lubricant would be my best friend!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
I bought a can of slide lube at Camping World . . . you can also get it at Wal*Mart in the RV section as well.

Been using it for 3 1/2 years on both of our Heartland trailers with no issues.

I spray the gear box and the long geared tracks under the slides every couple of months or as needed.