Slide open sequence .

rschroe8

Just purchased new 2015 Oakmont. Would like to change the sequence of the slides opening and closing. Want they curb side slide to come out first than bedroom and living room. When closed not enough room on a trip to have lunch . Wondering if it possible or a kit available . Have 3 slides.
Thanks in advance for any information on this subject

Not 100% sure but I believe the slides open easiest, to hardest. That's why it is usually the bed slide that goes first then the next easiest one to open. You could install valves to dictate which slide you want to open by closing the valves to the slide you don't want to open.

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
Our new Prowler has a seperate switch for each slide . . .

Is this not the case for the Oakmonts?

gwalter

Retired Colorado Chapter Leaders
My Silverado does not have the valves. The bedroom slide opens first and usually the kitchen slide next, but if it hangs up the dining slide will go first. The Oakmont replaced the Silverado.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

justafordguy

Our new Prowler has a seperate switch for each slide . . .

Is this not the case for the Oakmonts?

Hey John, I bet your Prowler has electric slides, I think the Oakmont has hydraulic slides like our Gateway. All 5 slides on one switch.;)

Last edited:

NWILSON

Kentucky Chapter Leaders - retired
Our Cyclone does not have valves to select individual slide operation but Lippert told me that the parts needed to do that are available from them and cost about $185.

Toy1Ton

Toy 1 Ton
Wow I did not even think of the slides does any one know if there are separate buttons for the slides on a 2016 Big Horn M

AAdams

Wow I did not even think of the slides does any one know if there are separate buttons for the slides on a 2016 Big Horn M

I guess that will depend on the floor plan you choose. Our 2016 has 5 switches, 4 slides are electric and one is hydraulic. The Kitchen is the only hydraulic.

Sounds to me that with all of the problems, I'm glad I have the electric sliders, each with it's own switch.

I've had no issues at all with mine, in fact waiting only a few seconds for the landing gear to deploy is awesome. You also need hydraulics for the 6 point leveling system.