Slide-out adjustment?

dougw

My main slide-out doesn't appear to be square with the side of the trailer. It sticks out a bit farther on the back side of the trailer then the front as well as it is tighter to the top of the trailer than the bottom of the trailer.

The trailer is out of warrentee so I'm trying to decide if I should try to adjust it myself vs. paying $150 plus travel to have it done. Is it that complicated to adjust to justify the cost?

I'd rather do it myself so it is perfect but I also don't want to blow it up either.

Thanks
Doug

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
You can adjust your slide. It takes some patients because it is trial and error to get it right. I have attached a PDF of the manual. Page 15 shows adjustments.

Peace
Dave

Attachments

• Hydraulic%20Slideout%20Landing%20Gear-Web.pdf
    1.8 MB · Views: 406

SJH

Past Washington Chapter Leaders
My main slide-out doesn't appear to be square with the side of the trailer. It sticks out a bit farther on the back side of the trailer then the front as well as it is tighter to the top of the trailer than the bottom of the trailer.

Just out of curiosity...are there any issues (e.g.leaks, dragging etc) other than just the way it looks? If I used a tape measure, our slides are slightly tighter at the top but I thought that was normal. They are square though! Nothing leaks and everything works fine so I decided not to mess with it!

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Mark, our BH has the same issue with the ODS slide. Sticks out in the front. I have spent hours trying to fix it. I reclocked the gears and made other adjustments to no avail. You can tilt them up and down at each end to make them square. You can adjust them to fit tighter at the top and bottom. I even tried adjusting the nuts on the ram. The only way I can see to adjust the sides is. If the vertical bolts that hold the "feet" to the end of the square tubing were slotted and they are not. SO...end of story...I give up...can't be done.

Hastey

Oklahoma Chapter Leaders
Arn't they suppose to be tighter at the top to angle it away from the trailer? Makes water run that direction away from the seals would be my thinking. JMO

trackeer

This is great information and much appreciated,
We just got our almost new 3814 (Been Sitting at RV Wholesalers since Last November) here last early last week and have been so busy we fianally did a product shake down this past week-end, interior had some minor issues but my biggest concern was the slides and the fact they are off at the bottom, a call to CS at Heartland and I was put at ease that the issue is/should be nothing more than adjustments that can be done under warranty at our local Heartland Dealer which is aboout a mile down the road. So, as a backup I have copied the manual for reference both now and future and if all else fails and the service tech has no clue I have some doc's to help out.
Thanks Dave as this is great information to follow-up with my Heartland Call today.

Moe in NH.

beardedone

Beardedone
This may not apply in your cases but I had the same problem and my slide awning was the culprit! After the frustrated tech adjusted the awning as a last ditch attempt the problem was solved. The awning was too tight and kept the slide from fully extending.