Slide out

Question,
I have a big horn 3160 and the street side main rear slide is giving me trouble.when you you look at it from inside, the top has about a 3 inch gap from the wall and the bottom is tight to the wall. it also is digging into the floor when you close it . if i push on the slide when opened or closed ,it seems to me i could push it out, very lose . I just brought it home from the dealer they told me nothing is wrong.( hydraulic slides ) something not right . any advice??

Oregon_Camper

Is there another dealer you can take it to for inspection?

Can you post some pictures? ...from inside and outside?

Are there marks on the floor?

Relayman

there is an adjustment for that in the Lippert manual. Contact Heartland , they will help you to get the dealer to adjust it

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

mlpeloquin

Sounds like the dealer did not want to deal with it. You might want to ask Heartland for an independent RV repair shop that has been approved by Heartland near you. They don't mess around and get your rig out instead of letting it sit for weeks on end before they get it fixed. Some dealers are good at repairing, but many only want to get the new rigs out the door and put off repair and warranty work.

rhodies1

Marc, I couldn't agree more.

agree with the feedback,sounds like this dealer wasn't interested,contact Heartland especially if your unit is under warranty,you need to have this corrected asap.You mention that when inside it is away at the top and therefore it is most likely not sealing properly when extended.
It is not a huge job to adjust your slide but you need to have the unit absolutely level front to back and side by side,use a 4 foot level to see how much the slide is off,there is adjustment bolts on the other end of the slide mechanism to make the adjustments,only perform this if you feel comfortable with the task.

DougS

Doug S
Bighorn3160, when I picked up my RV I measured the space on both slides at the bottom corners and they all had 1" space but my mistake Was not measuring the gap at the top corners. The top rear of my off door slide seal ripped because the gap was only 3/8", too close. The seals were replaced and wall adjusted. I also noticed the gap on the top of the door slide was too much, the flat seal was not touching and I forgot to tell the dealer during warranty work. I just discovered the dealer took it upon themselves to adjust the wall so the seal now touches.
Like others have said, if dealer can not adjust walls, find another dealer.

Thanks for all your responses, This is kinda what i was thinking and your verification makes me realize I'm not a fool.
On to Heartland

rhodies1

Thanks for all your responses, This is kinda what i was thinking and your verification makes me realize I'm not a fool.
On to Heartland

You are correct,YOU are NOT a fool,this shows that as an owner you are paying attention to all the details concerning your unit,these toys are expensive and as along as we pay attention to the details and continue to ask questions all will be good in the end.
good luck