Slide Seal screw covers

Kandy

Have a 2011 Heartland Augusta with four slides. The slide seal screw covers seem to be wearing out. It looks like the slide pressure and the vibration during transport may be the issue. I have ordered new "D" type seal cover (100lf) from Heartland and will be installing them myself. It doesn't look like it would be to difficult but if any one has done this type of project replacement any advise would be a help.

Thanks'
Kandy

2psnapod2

Texas-South Chapter Leaders-Retired
There is a square head Screw at the top and bottom. Remove the screws, slide old one off, slide new one one and replace screws.

wdk450

I just finished doing that job this afternoon. Got the D seal off of E-Bay ($2 a foot, free shipping). I DO use small mending plates (with 1 screw) under the screws in place of the washers that just pull through the rubber.
mending plate.jpg

Chippendale

I have been having the same problem with my Gateway, and finally figured out that it was some loose nuts where the slide attaches to the slide rails that the slide moves in and out on (hope I am using the correct terminology). This was causing the slides to move backwards and forwards while traveling and causing the D gaskets to work forward out of their slots. Also discovered that my slides had moved up on the brackets causing them to not fit perfect when closed or open.

I tightened the two nuts on each slide rail and that stopped the gasket from moving, but I am taking it in to the dealer to get the slides adjusted properly.

Check the nuts where the rails attach to the bottom of the slide, I bet they are loose.