Slide stops 1/2 way in

gonervn

Bill & Sallie
On my 2008 Bighorn 3610rl the large slide will come in 1/2 way then stop. If I wait a couple seconds it will then continue to come in. This just started to happen, but I fear I will be somewhere and it won't come in. Any ideas?

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
There is a Circuit Breaker that will auto-reset. You can add a second circuit breaker or upsize the one there but you need to call Lippert to discuss it first. Many of us have been through this and it has been discussed on the forum several times. Do a search and you should find the other posts about this.

Jimmy

If other slides are still moving when this is happening, it could just be the hydraulic fluid transfering to the "least resistance" location. Which just means the slide you are talking about my be wearing a little bit...

TXBobcat

Fulltime
I was having the same problem on my larger living room slide. As it happened more often the other living room slide started to stop while coming in. I never had the problem when going out.

I called heartland and they helped me get an 80amp breaker that is authorized by Lippert.

Here is a copy of the Lippert document.

Upgrade to Breakers for Hydraulic Pump..JPG

I added larger conductors but after I finished I found out that the original conductors would handle the current needed by the hydraulic motor.

Hope this helps.
BC

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Had the same issue several years ago. But my issue was the battery. Make sure your battery is good. A low battery will cause a high amp load and can trip circuit breakers.

gonervn

Bill & Sallie
IMG-20110828-00008.jpgIMG-20110828-00007.jpgI called Lippert and they sent me the 80 amp breaker like is in your post, but I have nothing in the battery campartment like that. What I have looks completely different. Assuming I'm looking in the correct place. Is this in the battery compartment?

branson4020

Icantre Member
Bill, the pictures you posted are of the relay for your hydralic pump motor. Follow the big red wire (the center of the three terminals) and you will find it attached to the circuit breaker at the other end. The breakers are mounted in a row on the wall of the battery compartment under red rubber covers.

TXBobcat

Fulltime
The 80 amp braaker is much smaller and aligned on a strip to make them easy to install.

Here is a view of the compartment where the breakers are in my Bighorn 3400.

DSC_2997M2.jpg

Here is a close up of the breakers.
The small red strip with bumps on them are the OEM breakers on a power strip.
The upper breaker is much larger and is the 80amp I installed.
I have no further problem with the slide stopping while bringing in.
DSC_2998M2.jpg

Hope this helps.

BC

gonervn

Bill & Sallie
First thanks to everyone's replies. I have attached another picture which shows there is nothing in the battery compartment. Does anyone have another idea where I can find this relay? Is it possible this has been elimianted?IMG-20110831-00010.jpg

branson4020

Icantre Member
Bill,

What you have photographed are, indeed, the circuit breakers in question. One of those, under the red rubber covers, is a 50A breaker that feeds your hydraulic motor. Note that these brekaers do not look like the one you received, but they all serve the same purpose. Because your new breaker is a different form factor than the originals, you will have to do some rewiring to install it.

TXBobcat

Fulltime
You are in the correct place. The relays are under the red strip shown in your photo. Find the red wire on the hydraulic motor and follow it down to this strip. The wire is on one side of the breaker and the breaker is connected to a hot strip on the other side. You have to pull the red rubber cover off to see the breaker.

The new 80amp breaker is shown in my post (#8) above. It has to be mounted on the back wall. It is to big to be used in the same place as the existing breaker.

BC