Slides having trouble coming in and going out

Curt_Hinson

Sorry, but I stupidly posted this in BLOGS. 2014 Landmark Sequoia. I recently started having trouble with my two main slides in that they will come in part way and stop. Sometimes I can reverse them and they will begin to move out (or in as the case may be). Most of the times, they will come in (or out) approximately 1/3 to 1/2 of the way, stop, press the button again and it will stop again or if I am lucky, it will come all of the way in (or out). The bedroom (electric) does not seem to be affected. I have a manual reset electrical system, but it is always good. Does this appear to be switch malfunction, slide(s) malfunction, bad breaker even though it doesn't trip or just a continuation of all of the problems I have had with this unit?

danemayer

Hi Curt,

There are 2 likely causes: low voltage or weak 12V DC mini-circuit breaker.

If you have auto-leveling, cycle the control panel to see the battery voltage. On shore power, it should be 13.2-13.6V DC. With shore power disconnected, it should be 12.6V DC. If not seeing voltage levels close to this, you have a low voltage problem.

If the voltage reads ok, you could still have a battery problem where under load, the voltage drops below 12V.

Check the water level in the battery. Check that battery terminal connections are clean and tight. Check the terminal connections at the hydraulic pump. Wiggle the wires to ensure none of the crimps are loose.

If all that checks out, replace the 12V DC auto-reset mini-circuit breaker that supplies power to the pump. I've attached a photo of a buss bar near the battery that has the red rubber boots removed. Check the thick wires on yours to identify the breaker feeding the pump. Note that your arrangement of breakers could be different.

Attachments

• Buss Bar Example Notated.jpg
    Buss Bar Example Notated.jpg
    477.3 KB · Views: 17