Smell gasoline when I shut my generator off

Blue Oval

I have a 2014 road warrior with a Cummins onan 5500 generator. It has about 80 hours on it and the last couple of time I have run it, there is a strong smell of gas when I shut it down. Any ideas? Thanks

IronJ

Smell where?..in the coach?..

sent from space via an invisible beam from a flying metal dish

HornedToad

I would check the connections of the fuel lines... yes thanks to the tree huggers fuel line is now pural, because there are a bunch of them???

https://www.norwall.com/product_pdfs/6023_hgjaa_spec_j_install_2015.pdf
See page 35 of 62 in the PDF counter

there is a strong smell of gas when I shut it down. Any ideas? Thanks
Return line???

I bought a new Onan 5500 off eBay in 2012 and found out I got such a good deal because it only had a fuel line, and pre dated the New EPA Emissions Requirements starting in January 2011 for fuel system evaporator compliance. I had to self install because an RV Dealer wouldn't / couldn't!!!

Blue Oval

Thanks. I'll check the fuel lines. I would think the generator wouldn't run properly it the fuel lines were loose, but who knows.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

porthole

Retired
You have to lay on the ground looking straight up near the front curb side of the genny to see the fuel filter. Start there.
Pull the cover off the front of the genny, start and run then shut off and look for obvious leaks around the carb and fittings.

Blue Oval

You have to lay on the ground looking straight up near the front curb side of the genny to see the fuel filter. Start there.
Pull the cover off the front of the genny, start and run then shut off and look for obvious leaks around the carb and fittings.
Thanks

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

porthole

Retired
With a hot engine, the gas will boil off/evaporate out of the caburetor, normal.

No, it would not be normal.
The EPA with emission regulations took care of that. You should not smell gas when the genny is running or not running.