SOLVED: Anderson 4-Way Valve will not turn

mcsquid86

I have a 2013 bighorn and the knob has the words city in one direction and tank in the other. It will not turn. What is the secret? I've try to pull and turn, and push and turn. I don't won't to put to much pressure on it.

bigdob24

Re: Outside Water valve will not turn. 2013 bighorn. New to this type

Sounds like you maybe turning the Anderson 4Way Valve.
Does it have four stops if you turn it 360 degrees?
Is this in the UDC?

- - - Updated - - -

Look and see if it has 4 settings
tank - normal - city - winterize/ sanitize

mcsquid86

it does say Anderson kantleak. I relieved the pressure,but it won't turn. It does have 4 stops. Normal, tank,city and sanitize

sengli

Sometimes they get stiff. There is no pulling or pushing needed to move it. It just rotates in either direction. When mine wont move easily clockwise, I try counter-clockwise to get it loosened then it usually fine.

jbeletti

Glad you got it working again.

Not that it would have helped in this matter, but here's a link to some documents owners have added to the forum manuals archive that will explain the Anderson Brass Kantleak 4-Way Valve.

Lynn1130

Can you clarify that question some? There is no way that I know of to add water to the tank or trailer without a hose going to city water. Is that what you are asking?

Toy1Ton

Toy 1 Ton
yes thats what I'm asking, if your camping with out water hock up and used what was in the tank and need to add water what do you do?

Oregon_Camper

yes thats what I'm asking, if your camping with out water hock up and used what was in the tank and need to add water what do you do?

You will need a pump to pull water from a container to the RV. I have this pump from Harbor Freight...somewhere around $35.

image_11268.jpg

Lynn1130

I have found the best way is a 12 volt water pump with hose that will reach from water cans or in my case a 32 gal tote to the fill connection in the UDC. I had an old water pump that I rigged with 12 volt leads that I can connect to the trailer or truck battery, installed a switch near the pump on those lines and use clear hose that I then run from the tote to the trailer. Switch it on and away we go.

I used to carry 5 or 6 5 gallon water containers and would lift them to fill but with the trailer connection so far back in the UDC it was near impossible to get the can in to dump. The current set up is much easier, faster and not near as hard on the back.

happykraut

My old worn out hands didn't have the strength to turn the Anderson valve. Anderson has redesigned the valve cylinder to make it less likely to bind up. Call 1-800-476-9876 and ask for Ron. He will send you a new core free of charge. I just installed mine this afternoon and it works great now.

dbbls59

Thanks for your post Bernie. I just called Ron and he is sending me the repair kit free.

Mrsfish

I also would like to thank you for sharing this. Our Anderson valve took plyers to turn and then it was iffy if we really had opened the valve all the way. Ron could not have been nicer and is shipping our new cartridge and instructions to install.

timpas

Additional input concerning the Anderson 200RV four way valve. We have a 2014 Heartland Big Country. Right out of the chute I had a problem turning the valve switch. I did read the instructions and knew the purposes for the different positions. Did get it to turn eventually by hand (didn't want to break it with pliers). At one point we discovered with the valve set to City it was still filling the tank slowly. While in the shop for other warranty repairs I had them check the valve. The paperwork indicated they adjusted it. At the end of this season (Sep 2015) when set to Sanitize/Winterize and ran a short hose to the winterize fluid nothing would move through the valve to the pump (the jug of winterize fluid remained full). After setting, resetting, turning the valve nothing would get it to work. I removed the panel, disconnected the hose running from the valve to the pump, put it directly into the jug of fluid it sucked it right through all the lines and the winterizing went well. I am assuming (***-u-me) something is wrong with the valve settings. I've researched about half a dozen sites and it seems there are problems with this valve. I will be calling Anderson (I'll try Ron) and see if they will replace my valve. Thanks for all who have posted info here.

dbbls59

They sent me a new repair kit. Easy to change out.