Sourcing 1-1/4" Receiver for brackets on back of my Landmark

krhyde

Kentucky Chapter Leaders-retired
Where can I find information about a towing platform that will attach to the brackets on the rear of my Key Largo.

jbeletti

Re: Towing Platform for rear of Landmark

Hi Ken,

The brackets on your frame are for a 1-1/4" receiver bike rack. Not for towing. If I were to do any towing behind my RV, I'd have those lightweight brackets cut off and a proper towing platform designed, fabricated and installed.

Wharton

So many of us would like a bumper and a better hitch(2") why doesn't Heartland offer them as an option.

FYI: I saw a trailer with a foldup bike rack between the bumper and the trailer. I have tried to look it up but can't find it. Another great option.

krhyde

Kentucky Chapter Leaders-retired

Hi Ken,

The brackets on your frame are for a 1-1/4" receiver bike rack. Not for towing. If I were to do any towing behind my RV, I'd have those lightweight brackets cut off and a proper towing platform designed, fabricated and installed.

Thanks Jim, The bike rack is what I am looking for. Is that something Heartland sells?

jbeletti

Ken - yes, I think you can order it from Heartland. You may have some club members in your areas that have one they don't use too.

MTPockets

So many problems with this rack being too flimsey, creating a 'lot' of bounce. I had mine reinforced and finally got rid of it. Others have as well.

Wharton

We had our dealer install a 2" receiver hitch on our Big Horn.

MTPockets

When we factory ordered our Big Horn I was told by Lippert that the decision on the receiver was up to Heartland on what was ordered. Some manufacturers offer various rear racks, supports, etc., and Lippert will provide what the mfg. wants. What is offered I'm sure depends on cost vs benefit, as a substantial receiver would likely mean a substantial price for proper support, frame strength, and dependability. My understanding too is that the frame warranty is voided if racks are attached after the sale.