Tire concern with new Sundance

ptillett

I'll be honest, some of the post that I have read on misson tires had me running to the tire dealer. :) But then, I think of the thousands and thousands of tires out there on RVs running up and down the road every day. My sundance 2900mk is brand new, so after setting things up with it, $$ is a little tight to be running out buying 4 new, high end tires. I might give it this summer and keep a watchful eye on the mission tires. Then again.... :) We'll see.

Thanks for all the post.

buckeyebob

mission tires

i too have 16 inch mission tires on my 09 2900mk.i dont have 500 bucks (or more)to invest in new tires on a new trailer.im just trying to fill the tank with diesel!!!!took maiden voyage with new 5er last weekend,and it pulls NICE !!!!after 20 years of travel trailer ,hookup,sway etc,it was almost scary .i kept thinking i was forgetting something!!!!i keep the tires at 80 lbs and will check for cracks etc.bob

Oldlthrneck

Just an Old Jarhead
I was worried about my tires, when I first got my Bighorn. But just kept an eye on them. When I noticed they were starting to develope bubbles on the sidewalls, I contacted Heartland, and they gave me the contact number for the distributor. I ended up getting new tires and worked out a deal with the distributor regarding some reimbursement. Just watch them closely and if you start having problems, get ahold of the distributor or Heartland and deal with it through the warrenty.
Fred

cjbearden

Visitor
We didn't change out tires until 18 months after RV purchase and had run at least 16,000 miles. Majority of those miles were on pretty rough highways and on mismatched hubs! Once bubbles showed up, we changed to Goodyear immediately. DH was very conscientious about checking tires constantly during trips, maintaining proper pressure, and once set up checking inside tire wall and treads as well as the outside wall. Caution and constant vigilance are key to running safely. Had to buy new Goodyear this year after springs broke on driver's side rear axle, which gouged 6-mo old tire. So anything can happen with any tires. Do whatever gives you the most peace of mind.

Good luck and safe travels to all!

bud

I have a 2008 Montana. keystone also uses Mission tires made in China. I had a blowout after 4000 miles last year. Only one year old. Caused $1500 damage, plus towing, and new tires. My advice is to replace the Missions immediately with Goodyear or Michelin LT tires.

jimtoo

Hi bud,

First welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and maybe someday to the family. We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge or help if needed.

I also wanted you to know that this thread is almost 2 years old since it has been used. But that's OK... you will probably wake someone up with the Mission tires. I had them on mine and one came apart with less than 3000 miles on it and did about $2400 in damage. Needless to say I do not have Missions any more.

Are you in the shopping mood now? Look around and ask your questions, someone will give you an answer.

Enjoy the forum.

Jim M

Bighurt

Do they still come with missions? I just bought a 2010 3300 RLB, are missions still a concern?