Tire pressure

OldSlowHans

CinC of Everything Else
I have a BC 3510RL with "G" rated tires. Dealer recommended 75 PSI. Tag on trailer says 110 PSI. Tire sidewall says Max PSI 110.

Comments, please.

'Lil Guy'

I keep my tires at 110PSI at cold temperature. The reasoning is to keep the tires running cooler on the road due to less tire footprint and the actual tire load is controlled by the PSI As in less, you're carrying load of the tire decreases. . Our tires will heat up and the air pressure will rise above the 110 while on the road but this is normal and to be expected. I just returned from a 5K mile trip using this with no issues. I'm sure others who know more will chime in.

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
Under inflating causes more blow-outs than inflating to the recommended PSI on sidewall of tires.

jstarwal

I have my truck and trailer weighed so I'm going by the weight so they suggested

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Lynn1130

There are a slew of threads on tire pressure here and most all give the answer that you should inflate to the number on the side of the tire. Discount Tire always inflates to the number on my door sticker on my truck and you have a sticker on the side of the trailer that should have inflation numbers on it and it probably says 110. Mine says 80 but I have different tires/rims than you. If not then if the tires says 110 that's what is best and the clueless dealer is going to refer you to the tire manufacturer/supplier when that tires blows at 75 lbs and you come back to see him about it.

Doublegranch

Mountain Region Director-Retired
I changed to G614's on my new Sundance and the sidewall shows 110psi....I used that number until I was weighed at the National Rally in Vegas....According to the weight sheets, I did not have the trailer weight to support that high of a PSI causing the trailer to ride rougher.....Weigh to Go read out suggested I could go to 70 psi as I am only at 10,700 LBs vs the Gross of 13,800....I felt 70 was too low so went with 90 psi....still things are moving around in the cabinets so may try 80 psi on the next Rally...
I think having your rig weighed and using that as your base line is better than just using the PSI on the side of the tires.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Here is a link to the Goodyear tire inflation chart. [LINK]
But to use the chart you really need to know the weight at each tire.
I would inflate to 110 psi.

Peace
Dave

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Here is a link to the Goodyear tire inflation chart. [LINK]
But to use the chart you really need to know the weight at each tire.
I would inflate to 110 psi.

Peace
Dave

Thanks for the link Dave I've been looking for that.
According to the chart I can drop my pressure from 110 psi down to 90 psi. Last time I weighed it my trailer axles it was 14'500 lbs divide that by 4 = 3625 so even if I round up that puts me around 95 psi. I will drop them down and adjust all of my TPMS sensors and the Ford sensors too.
a427f59631b735485882e43abd02795c.jpg

danemayer

Jerrod,

One consideration is that weight is usually not evenly distributed. So unless you have had individual wheel weighing done, you should assume that at least one wheel is 300 lbs heavier. So you could in reality have one wheel closer to 3900 lbs.

And in my judgement, you ought to allow a 20% safety margin above that.

I'm running my GY 114s at 105 psi and I'm probably 1500-2000 lbs lighter than you. You might want to run at 110-115 psi.