Tires in Texas...

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
I badly wanted 14ply but at the end of the day had to stick with 10ply Carlisle load range E.

It saved me having to buy new wheels but I would have gladly done so to move up to heavier tires.

Thanks for all the help!!

I have heard a lot of good things about the Carlisle tires.

I've been considering those, but will probably go with the Maxxis 8008's when I get new tires in a couple of months.

whp4262

004fdbc21d499cf0b14bc03713b24d26.jpg
7999ba8ce903335265066e3e5db1030d.jpg

These are what discount tire is offering....any thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Provider is a China made tire distributed by Taskmaster. I have Provider tires on my 32' gooseneck equipment trailer and also on the Cyclone. I've run Taskmaster tires for years with no complaints until the last set that I bought and put on the Cyclone. Out of the original 6 tires I only have 1 left. 4 were changed out because of cord separation and 1 because of a puncture in the sidewall, not a tire issue. Carlisle has recently redesigned their HD trailer tires and I decided to give them a try so that's what I've been replacing the Provider tires with. Too early to offer any real feedback on them yet.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Titanguy

The guy at Discount tire said something about Sailun did not provide the amount of insurance they required so they wouldn't sell them. He also said they do their own testing on all the tires they sell, which I am inclined to believe. He talked highly of these tires from Taskmaster. I called the company today and they are in fact made in china...:confused: soooo that's unfortunate. They look like well made heavy tires but I've been to that rodeo before. Discount tire will stand behind them and even though I don't have a Discount tire anywhere in my state they would ship me one if I have a failure. That just doesn't work out real well when i'm sitting on the side of the interstate....

I got a hold of a place called "Billy Bobs" that also isn't too far away. The Goodyear G641 are $273 WOW and they can get the Sailuns in 14 ply for $116 plus mounting, taxes, etc. Now if they have some suitable rims we may have a winner.

Can someone verify that the 2007 Cyclone 4012 is in fact a 6 bolt pattern on 5 1/2" spacing? I believe they are Dexter axles so they should be pretty standard.

Thanks again for all the help thus far.

All 6 hole trailer wheels are 5 1/2" bolt circle. I sell Tire/Wheel upgrades and have never found an aluminum 6 hole wheel that will carry 3.750 lbs or 110 psi (Load Range G). There are some steel wheels that will carry that load and inflation but not aluminum. All aluminum trailer wheels will be marked on the back side with load capacity and/or PSI Rating.