Towmax tire blow outs, Heartland may want your tire

mattpopp

Trouble Maker
I got a call a few weeks back from the rep at Heartland. He wanted to know if I still had the tire that failed. If I did they wanted. It seems that Heartland is trying to get to the bottom of all of the Towmax tire failures. Possibly having a real tire expert look at them rather then Dynamic.

So if you have a Towmax that failed. Call heartland to see if they want it. Don't send it to dynamic in Canada if you have they option.

I don't have the tire but I have the thread of it it. They sent me a shipping label to send it in. Unfortunately I did not get it sent off before I left for offshore and I won't get it sent in until January.

millenma

Wish I would have seen this 2 weeks ago. We was coming back from Flordia had a Tow Max tread come off very little damage to camper just some wiring. My camper is a 2011 Bighorn 3185RL the tire guy when he replaced my tires he looked at the date code and it was a 2009 tire.

B

BouseBill

My tire was also sent to Canada. Just received a letter from them (Dated Oct 17th) at Dynamic placing all the blame on me for the tire failure, under inflated, overloaded, ran the tire hot bla bla bla. I refused their offer of a replacement tire, and threw away the other 4 months ago.

"We have carefully reviewed your claim regarding the Powerking Tomax ST235/80R16 trailer tire. In
determining the technical merit of the case, our review included any written documentation submitted;
inspection by a qualified tire engineer of the remaining portions of the tire removed from service; and
the claim history of this tire.
The claimed tire exhibits signs of operating under excessive stress leading to the complete failure and
detachment of the tread. The tire also shows signs of burned bead (bluing in bead), suggesting that it
has operated in an underinflated or overloaded condition. No manufacturing deficiencies were found.
It is important to note that the issues you have indicated often occur from any number of service related
conditions, such as: ( bla bla bla bla)

Sandpirate69

I spoke to Heartland in the beginning if this month & I wasn't advised to send them the tire. Infact I was called today by Dynamic to get the S/N off the tire but I was at Home Depot . I much rather send it to HL because Dynamic can keep their tires. If a HL rep. is reading this contact me & I will send you all 3 tires if you like. My tires were new, covered at all times, & I used TPMS on them.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

Hastey

Oklahoma Chapter Leaders
there was nothing left of my tire to send them. The bead was tossed by the tire shop. I have 3 of them left that they can have back.

porthole

Retired
there was nothing left of my tire to send them. The bead was tossed by the tire shop. I have 3 of them left that they can have back.

I still have one bad tire and 3 that haven't failed yet - but I certainly don't desire to try and ship 4 tires.............. after having them removed from the wheels.

bd2dabone

Glad Heartland maybe on the verge of realizing that a real problem exists and it's not just a few isolated cases. Hope no one suffers injuries or loss of life while they are making up their minds.

BarneyFife

Glad Heartland maybe on the verge of realizing that a real problem exists and it's not just a few isolated cases. Hope no one suffers injuries or loss of life while they are making up their minds.

A very good point. So maybe when the Heartland rep was trying his best three months ago to convince me "these Tow Max tires are the greatest tires we've ever used", he was just pulling my leg? Hopefully, they'll at least make an alternative "better" tire available as a common option. That goes for ALL manufacturers, not just Heartland. I wouldn't buy a Heartland, Keystone, Forest River, or any other toy hauler if they only came with Tow Max tires.

mattpopp

Trouble Maker
A very good point. So maybe when the Heartland rep was trying his best three months ago to convince me "these Tow Max tires are the greatest tires we've ever used", he was just pulling my leg? Hopefully, they'll at least make an alternative "better" tire available as a common option. That goes for ALL manufacturers, not just Heartland. I wouldn't buy a Heartland, Keystone, Forest River, or any other toy hauler if they only came with Tow Max tires.

That's kind of funny that the HL rep told you that. As I was going through the channels to get my trailer repairs covered by the tire manufacturer. One of the places I had to go to was a dealer for Towmax tire. Which was NTB. The guy there told me right off the bat before looking at the tire or trailer that the Towmax was the wrong choice for an RV. Regardless if it was within the weight spec. He said those are the house brand and the cheapest E rated tire they sell. And they just don't hold up well.

m455sx

The tires are still blowing up, i had 2 that were getting out of round and then they blow!!! They replaced one and but not the other. If the tread area starts to become round accross the tread and not flat then your time is limited! Funny thing is they said they have never heard of this problem-LOL.

usnthedog

From MattPopp "That's kind of funny that the HL rep told you that. As I was going through the channels to get my trailer repairs covered by the tire manufacturer. One of the places I had to go to was a dealer for Towmax tire. Which was NTB. The guy there told me right off the bat before looking at the tire or trailer that the Towmax was the wrong choice for an RV. Regardless if it was within the weight spec. He said those are the house brand and the cheapest E rated tire they sell. And they just don't hold up well. " So, what tires did he recommend??

GOTTOYS

If those are the greatest...You can't help but wonder what was even worse??...Don

mattpopp

Trouble Maker
From MattPopp "That's kind of funny that the HL rep told you that. As I was going through the channels to get my trailer repairs covered by the tire manufacturer. One of the places I had to go to was a dealer for Towmax tire. Which was NTB. The guy there told me right off the bat before looking at the tire or trailer that the Towmax was the wrong choice for an RV. Regardless if it was within the weight spec. He said those are the house brand and the cheapest E rated tire they sell. And they just don't hold up well." So, what tires did he recommend??

I don't remember what he told me. I am sure this is the same at all NTB's. I would suggest calling them and discussing it with them. You should be able to get that answer from them.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk 3 HD

Grey Ghost

What about those of us that already tried to work things out with Tire Max and got no where, but they now have the tires and we are left with nothing? Are we just up the creek? Heartland needs to help us also! I spoke with Heartland when I had my incident and they referred me to Dynamic Tire Corp and that is who I dealt with, what a rip off that was. They shipped the tires ( all four ) back to their facility in Canada and then wrote me that it must have been my fault and that I was either over or under inflated or I was over loaded. Didn't seem to matter that all four tires had broken beads and that silver wire was showing through each tire. I now have Michelins on my rig and feel much better and safer!:cool:

GOTTOYS

What about those of us that already tried to work things out with Tire Max and got no where, but they now have the tires and we are left with nothing? Are we just up the creek? Heartland needs to help us also! I spoke with Heartland when I had my incident and they referred me to Dynamic Tire Corp and that is who I dealt with, what a rip off that was. They shipped the tires ( all four ) back to their facility in Canada and then wrote me that it must have been my fault and that I was either over or under inflated or I was over loaded. Didn't seem to matter that all four tires had broken beads and that silver wire was showing through each tire. I now have Michelins on my rig and feel much better and safer!:cool:
Look at it this way, at least you didn't have to pay a fee to dispose of the old tires. LOL...Don

TXTiger

What about all of us who have spent $$$ to replace the stock Towmax tires already? My Cyclone was only 4 months old when I had 2 of my 6 tires blow. I had the remaining 4 inspected and was told that 2 more were ready to blow and the remaining 2 didn't look good either. I bought 6 Mitcheln XPS Ribs at a cost of $2,200 on a 4 month old rig and was given a credit from Tredit of $197 total.