Towmax tire blow outs, Heartland may want your tire

Sajo

Most tires are made in China now. If you want something made in the USA, you'll probably have to go with Goodyear G614s. Check your wheels first to make sure they are rated for 110psi.

Hate to so my ignorance but will the wheels be stamped with psi rating?

Sajo

danemayer

Hate to so my ignorance but will the wheels be stamped with psi rating?

Sajo
Look on the inside for 110psi or 3750 stamped in the metal. As a fallback, you can call Tredit - their number is on the home page of the forum.

superduty08

Tennessee Chapter Leaders
I've been researching the sailun tire and they have China's only IOS rating and several other high ratings. After checking several rv and tire forums I didn't find even one negative comment. Several rv owners have been using them for 2--3 years and up to 10k miles with no problems. Several were replacing worn or defective G614s with the G rated Sailuns because of their reputation and much lower cost.

mobilcastle

I have these Sailon's 637 on my rig and they are excellent tires. I started pushing these tires some time ago on the forums as I felt Goodyear is charging way to much for their tires. I have yet to read about a blowout on a Sailon 637 tire. I have no interest in the company-I am only a consumer.http://simpletire.com/jetzon-235-85r16-8244393-tires?utm_source=Nextag&utm_medium=cse&utm_term=80149
I've been researching the sailun tire and they have China's only IOS rating and several other high ratings. After checking several rv and tire forums I didn't find even one negative comment. Several rv owners have been using them for 2--3 years and up to 10k miles with no problems. Several were replacing worn or defective G614s with the G rated Sailuns because of their reputation and much lower cost.

mattpopp

Trouble Maker
I think all ST tires are made overseas. LT tires are easily found that are made in the USA.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Sajo

Thanks everyone for the info. I did fine a Towmax dealer within 100 miles of home. He stated he sells hundreds of these tires and only knows of two failures. I did replace with the original Towmax tire at this time. I believe I will invest with a tire monitor system.

Sajo

Miltp920

I made my decision, my 15500lb rated Cyclone 3100 will be sporting 4 new Sailun 637s, 14 ply, G rated, LT 23585R16. My tire store was not concerned that I have 16x6 rims. Rims are rated for 110psi 3750 just like the Sailun tires $880 out the door for 4 tires. Cyclone came with China tires on it and I didnt even know it. My Cyclone was made in the USA to the tune of $50K, I bought American! I really like the forum posts that Sailun tire has the QC rating for quality. I can keep my very nice aluminum rims. Win-win. I spend my money at my neighborhood tire store, support the local small business owner. He said they have a 3 year warranty. I see posts 10,000 miles with no troubles. Since I am not a full timer, they will never see 5000 miles. Finally I can quit thinking about tires! I work with a traveling contractor who just had 2 blowmax failures on his Heartland Big Country with $2000 damage, replaced with 14 ply G rated Gladiators. I think Sailun has better support on the RV forums, at the most reasonable cost. My tire guy said these Sailuns run alot on horse trailers that also have living quarters in them-heavy. I read the specs, they have "ribs", and extra protection sidewalls for scrub protection, tread is supposed to improve fuel economy with less drag. My contractor friend told me he uses a $50 infa red thermometer to tell temps of tire-rim-brakes-bearing. Just aim it and read temperature. I am going to borrow it this weekend to try it out - in addition to my tire monitor system from tireman9's website. THANKS to ALL for all the info-debates-both sides of the issue. AND I am convinced that Heartland and Keystone and any other manufacturer is doing us a huge disservice putting these tires that may be legal, but are too close to maximum ratings on our heavy 5ers. SHAME on them, put better tires on our rigs and pass the cost on to us in the price. My rig is a 2014 and I am replacing tires, NOT right.

I have these Sailon's 637 on my rig and they are excellent tires. I started pushing these tires some time ago on the forums as I felt Goodyear is charging way to much for their tires. I have yet to read about a blowout on a Sailon 637 tire. I have no interest in the company-I am only a consumer.http://simpletire.com/jetzon-235-85r16-8244393-tires?utm_source=Nextag&utm_medium=cse&utm_term=80149

Miltp920

Cool, I actually like Chinese...food. Sailun is going to be an improvement over China made blowmax, just due to G rating, and I dont have to spend $2000 on tires and rims to correct this problem. If they fail, I will surely report it here to help out my fellow countryman.

sailun co., ltd.53qingdaoshandongchina

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
Unfortunately, not only my dealership, but the Heartland Trail Runner brochure bragged about the tires they put on their products.

Not sure what that says to the masses out there . . .

I still have the BlowMaxes that came from the factory on my Trail Runner (less than 3000 miles on them) . . . but they will be replaced this summer.

SeattleLion

I've noticed that the load rating of the Salion load range G tires is 3750 lbs. Doesn't the Towmax load range E tire have the same load rating? How does that work? I thought the load rang G tires would carry more weight.

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
I've noticed that the load rating of the Salion load range G tires is 3750 lbs. Doesn't the Towmax load range E tire have the same load rating? How does that work? I thought the load rang G tires would carry more weight.

According to the Heartland brochures . . . Towmax (aka - BlowMax) tires are made out of Kevlar! :eek:

That is a joke, of course . . . :p

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired

TowMax ST235/80R16. 3520 @ 80psi

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Miltp920

Not only 3520lbs to 3750lbs, but E10 ply to G14 ply. More strength. At 3750, my tires are rated higher than my 7000 lb axles. More margin.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
But they can't handle that raring.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

I was just clarifying the TowMax is not the same as the Goodyear 614. I agree, there seems to be a low margin for error with this brand. We had TowMax issues too, and we weighed no more than 13k.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JohnHD

I bought my Heartland Road Warrior in 2010, 1st trip from Washington State to CA, to AZ & back home. Then, my next trip I went through the US, all four corners. On my way to Wyoming , I had a Towmax tire wear out within 5,000 miles, had to buy a new tire. I spent a week in Wyoming at the Escapee Boot Camp & learned about & found out that the Chinese tires were garbage. The Escapees the only good tires are made in America either Goodyear or Michelins. I had the suspension checked in Goshen bought new wheels & Goodyear tires. I have now traveled more than 30,000 miles on the Goodyear tires without any problems. I appreciate the Escapees Boot Camp as I also added tire monitors to all 6 tires. The tire monitors have saved me on my Truck tires. I will never buy a truck or trailer again if they do not have American Tires.

SeattleLion

I bought my Heartland Road Warrior in 2010, 1st trip from Washington State to CA, to AZ & back home. Then, my next trip I went through the US, all four corners. On my way to Wyoming , I had a Towmax tire wear out within 5,000 miles, had to buy a new tire. I spent a week in Wyoming at the Escapee Boot Camp & learned about & found out that the Chinese tires were garbage. The Escapees the only good tires are made in America either Goodyear or Michelins. I had the suspension checked in Goshen bought new wheels & Goodyear tires. I have now traveled more than 30,000 miles on the Goodyear tires without any problems. I appreciate the Escapees Boot Camp as I also added tire monitors to all 6 tires. The tire monitors have saved me on my Truck tires. I will never buy a truck or trailer again if they do not have American Tires.

Which Goodyears did you get?