Trim around window

guitarpicr

We have a 2011- 2800RL that is just a few months out of warranty & a small piece of the black rubber trim on the outside picture window fell off. I called the dealer where we bought the rv & they didnt know the name of the trim. I was going to try to get it at a closer dealer to save gas for what I think is probably a 3-4 dollar piece .Also what holds these pieces in place ? I cant see any caulk where the missing piece was. Thanks for any help, Bill

2psnapod2

Texas-South Chapter Leaders-Retired
Why don't you give HL and call and see if they can send you the parts you need? Have your VIN.

jimtoo

Hi Bill,

It would help a lot if you could post a picture of the window and the trim. And if you call the factory, have your VIN handy and any other information.

Jim M

guitarpicr

Thanks - I'll give the factory a call - Jim - I would post a pic but my batteries in the camera are dead. Will try to post some later.

guitarpicr

Called the Heartland factory & was told it is called glazing but she did'nt know where to get it as they buy the windows as a one piece unit. Told me to try Camping World & they dont have it either. Basically no help at all. Can anyone from Sundance help me ? My rv is only about six weeks out of warranty- Thanks, Bill

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Bill, did Heartland tell you who made the windows? If not maybe call them back and find out. Then contact the manufacturer for the parts you need.

Peace
Dave

2psnapod2

Texas-South Chapter Leaders-Retired
You might try a TrueValue or another hardware store. They do windows and might have or can order what you need.

guitarpicr

Just an update- I called the Sundance factory & they asked me to measure the window & yesterday I received new glazing, enough to do the whole window, at no charge. Took me about 20 minutes to re-do the whole window. Reps to the factory for their quick response and attentive attitude to my problem. Thank you again to Sundance & to all who replied for your help. - Bill :cool: