Unknown dripping sound

Hello all,

We have a 2013 Silverado Bighorn 36tb that makes a strange dripping noise when the ac is running. Although the ac is located in the living room, the dripping sound seems to be coming from the master bedroom. It’s keeping me up at night thinking water is leaking somewhere but then I think that there’s no pipes in the roof that would be leaking.

If there was a leak in the roof I should be able to see signs of it somewhere inside the RV correct? Is it a tank vent bouncing that I’m hearing? It really sounds to me like water hitting plastic (I have checked to see if it’s the shower or sink leaking. Am I hearing a drip from the ac unit that is amplified through the duct work? I’m going crazy over this noise. Please help.

Thanks,
Cameron

Fox

I'd look under the unit for a leak that's (possibly) dripping onto the liner. If it's most notable at the bedroom end that's where I'd start my search.

Gary521

Are you sure is not the condensation from the AC hitting the side of the trailer as it runs off the roof?

It could be under the coach cause we are having problems with our grey 1 tank draining. That being said I haven’t seen any sign of water underneath the coach. I have gone under and felt but it never seems to have any weight to it.

It seems to sound when the ac is running but it seems crazy that the drip would run uphill to our master and cause the sound. I’m lost

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
We had some dripping type sounds at one time. Found out is was birds walking on the roof.
So if your Silverado has a foam laminated roof system then you might want to check for any signs of mice, or birds.
Our laminated roof is very noisy.

Peace
Dave