Upgrade Axles RW 310.

tronqui

Current axles are rated for 6750. That gives me 13,500. Trailer weight at the factory was 12,150.

800 fresh water
350 fuel
60 propane
13,360 TOTAL

I understand some of the weight is on the kingpin. So I recently visited the scale with my normal load, which includes all the above and a 2 seater UTV. Axle weight was 13,820. I'd like to be able to tow with a full tank of water. My gross is 15,500. Will upgrading my axles void my warranty? I'm right at the limit but that means I can't pull with water I didn't have the food and clothes in the trailer yet.

avvidclif

What was the pin weight when you weighed. I suspect you were over the 15,500 GVWR and need to do a general weight reduction. Upgrading axles only helps them and doesn't do anything for the frame etc. which is factored in the GVWR.

danemayer

If you upgrade the axles, you'll probably need the complete axle assemblies including springs. Be sure to also check the wheels and tires. And don't assume that upgrading makes it safe to exceed the Gross Vehicle Weight Rating (GVWR) of the trailer. There may be other components that could be the weak link in the chain.

jnbhobe

The only way I would do it would be to put on IS and disc brakes and you get the frame reinforced at the same time.

tronqui

Add the UTV and I sit at approximately 14,600.

I couldn't understand how I had so much weight in the trailer. So, I took EVERYTHING out of the trailer. I mean everything, bone stock. Pumped the gas out of both tanks, nothing in the cabinets.

12,790... 640 pounds heavier than what the the factory stated. I don't get it. In any event, this does cause some frustration for me. I was over my GVWR when loaded.

This will be the first year I will be towing around my UTV with me, but that means I'm over my axle rating and my GVWR.

danemayer

There should be a yellow label on the inside of the entry doorway. That label is the weight of the rig as it exited the factory floor. It's not uncommon for the actual weight to be quite a bit higher than the empty or dry weight spec that may be shown in brochures or on the web. Anything added at the dealer ship would increase the weight beyond what's on the yellow sticker.

The empty or dry weight spec may not include things like "packages" or "forced options" that may have come with your rig.