Views From Your Campsite

scottyb

WOW!. I have been at Lake Havasu 3 times in the last year. I never made it to the State Park. I love the whole area, but I woldn'twant to be there in the summer. Have you been to the parks below the dam? They are excellent too.

8amps

WOW!. I have been at Lake Havasu 3 times in the last year. I never made it to the State Park. I love the whole area, but I woldn'twant to be there in the summer. Have you been to the parks below the dam? They are excellent too.

No, we haven't been to below the dam. We stayed 3 nights at Cattail State Park about 15 minutes out of town, and 4 nights at Lake Havasu State Park. Enjoyed them both. We'd never been to Lake Havasu before, but would go back again (except perhaps in Summer and over Spring Break). We really enjoyed it. Very quiet at both places, though I can see during the busy time, Lake Havasu SP right in the middle of town could get a little crazy.

We were there for a week in early November and I would definitely recommend bug spray (mosquitoes) even at that time of year. Other than that, we loved it.

scottyb

We camped on the beach on Lake Havasu at Rotary park, during the boat race since we are staff members. Last year we spent a week below Parker Dam at the River Island State Park. There's a bar out in the middle of the desert called "Desert Bar" :cool: We never made it there because it is only open a few days per week and only part of the year. Website looks like a fun place. We rented a pontoon and made a few stops at some establishments along the Colo, R, with a couple we met at the State Park.

Attachments

• IMAG0157.jpg
    IMAG0157.jpg
    124.2 KB · Views: 125
  • IMG_2386.jpg
    IMG_2386.jpg
    318.1 KB · Views: 125
  • IMG_2387.jpg
    IMG_2387.jpg
    317.6 KB · Views: 130
  • IMG_2410.jpg
    IMG_2410.jpg
    190.8 KB · Views: 131

scottyb

That's my kind of Thanksgiving. We had the same kind of Thansgiving, camping, good food, a 4 wheelers, but West Texas is not nearly as pretty as that. That place is beautiful.

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
Here are some shots from our Colorado camp sites from the summer of 2014:

CheyenneMtnCO2014-IMG_2007.jpg CheyenneMtnCO2014-IMG_2108.jpg CheyenneMntSunset-IMG_2100.jpg StVrainStatePark2014-IMG_2494.jpg StVrainStateParkSunset-IMG_2557.jpg RifleCO2014-IMG_2931.jpg RifleGapStatePark2014-IMG_2943.jpg RifleGapStatePark2014-IMG_3204.jpg

The first three shots are at Cheyenne Mountain State Park, Colorado (third shot is Cheyenne Mountain itself - Top Secret government facility), fourth and fifth shots at St. Vrain State Park, which was completely destroyed by the Colorado floods just nine months before these were taken, and the last three were shot at the 2014 Colorado Heartland Owners Club Fall Rally at Rifle Gap State Park on the western slope of the Colorado Rocky Mountains.

In that last shot, all of the trailers, except for the one at the extreme left and the one with the yellow Jeep in the photo where Colorado HOC members' trailers!

We are going to the Grand Canyon and the Heartland Owners Club Rally in Arizona in January, 2015, so hopefully I'll have a few shots from there to post!

8amps

20150522_195614.jpg
Lake George, Colorado - annual dry camping extravaganza

Attachments

• 20150522_195629.jpg
    20150522_195629.jpg
    213.5 KB · Views: 99
Last edited:

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired
8e44a2aebd6ec05bb271eb0bbdf06bbf.jpg

Haines Alaska 5.28.15

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8amps

View attachment 37277
Yes, we are still in Colorado. We are at Bear Creek Lake Park in Lakewood until next Friday. Just near our old house. Can't believe we didn't come here more often. It's really quite lovely. There is a full rainbow out right now, but my silly little smart phone can't get it all in one shot! Congrats John on the new trailer. During the week, there are openings here, you should bring out it for a test run...

Oregon_Camper

Fire....Lake and Mountain view at night....then add some kayaks into the picture during the day. Can it get any better?

2014-07-16 21.08.07.jpg 2014-07-16 16.23.34.jpg