Walking On The Slides

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
I don't recall this ever being asked (but it probably has) so I will ask it. Can you safely walk on the roof of the slideout? If so what is the max weight it can handle? I have never tried it but I did see a RV Tech doing it once.

Westwind

I hope I never see a tech walking on my slides. I never thought about it until you mentioned it but I'm sorry I personally (With non knowledge) don't think anyone over the age of 4 years old should be walking on a slide roof, thank god I have slide out awnings to I don't have to worry about someone walking on them.

scottyb

My tech said the roof of the slides are stronger than the roof of the RV, and both of us walked on them at my PDI. I have been on mine several times when conditioning the seals. There's no give whatsoever under my 240 lbs.

whp4262

I have walked on my slides as well and they are solid as a rock. The last time was about a month ago at a camp ground when I needed to get on the roof to take care of a tree branch that was rubbing and didn't have a ladder with me. I went out the window over the couch, over the side of the slide and onto the roof. Actually was easier than I thought it was going to be.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
I've been on the slide roofs several times with no known issues. The floors, while retracted, I try to stay off of due to my size but an average guy should be no problem.

donr827

Just walked on my slide roofs today while putting 303 on the seals. More solid then the main roof.
Don

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
I guess it sounds doable. I was kind of hoping someone from the factory would chime in with their thoughts. I have not walked on mine yet but I was just wondering if it was okay.

Speedy

When the Heartland Techs repaired my roof there were two and three on the either slide roofs at a time. They showed me that the slide roof is indeed stronger than the main roof.