Water dripping underneath

BooBear

Filled my tanks for a trip. Water started dripping from 2 screws that were protruding from insulation cover.
Finally decided to cut cover so I could inspect. Made it a point to follow along a cross support so it'd be easier to seal with Gorilla tape afterwards.

Flimsy cross supports that hold 1/2" flake board under tanks have collapsed/bowed. This caused the connecting hose between the two tanks to split. It also explains why I'm having foul water. The tanks can't drain completely! They're bellied out with the bowed supports and the drains are above the low point. It's a shame that for this kind of money they couldn't spend $4(?) each to double the thickness of these supports. I'm beginning to see that this is not the first time this has happened. It's as if they don't expect you to be driving with the tanks full! Why have tanks if you can't haul water?

Finding the right size hose is the next trick. I thought I had one from a fairly local RV place but now see that kind of hose comes in more than one size. Wouldn't you think that kind of junction hose would be common to just about any RV with dual tanks?

And learning how to purify the water now?