Water leaks

2009 3250 BC - After camping for two weeks had several leaks spring up this past weekend. All occured at the end of our trip. One morning about 1/2-inch of water was standing in our storage compartment. Was not there the day before. We were able to find a leak behind the black panel and repair it - some of the connections were not properly fit together. Next evening while washing dishes in the sink, connections at both sinks were leaking - the part that connects the sinks to the pipes. This has not been fixed yet, just haven't used sinks again. When we left our campsite the next morning, tons of water poured out behind the camper as we drove down the road. Maybe left over from the original leak but don't know.

We're taking this camper back to dealer for plumbing repairs - at the sinks and to check the repair we made behind the black panel. We're going to ask that they check all plumbing connections and find out about the water pouring out as our camper went down the road.

Do we need to see if we can get some brass fittings from Heartland before we have this done to replace some of the fittings that are there? Have read of other areas that we'll ask them to check as well - sani-flush system, shower enclosure, hot water.

Husband is usually the best handiman around but he has not been well lately and we need our dealer's help and Heartland's help at this time.

Thanks for any advice.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
If your BC is still under warranty (even if it's not), I would take it to the dealership and have them contact Heartland. Insist that they handle it as a defective item, not something you need to pay for. Loose (accessible) fittings that drip a little are one thing. One's that fill the basement with water are another. I found our kitchen sinks were dripping a bit this past summer. Tightening the large flange nuts by hand was not a big deal. When we're using our rig, I regularly run my hands over every fitting I can reach, and look under the rig, to make sure nothing has opened up.

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
I second John's recommendations. Also, make it a habit to periodically check fittings, etc. You are basically rolling a house down a road. And with the condition of our nation's hiways, you can expect things to come loose. I pick an area to home in on each time we're out, then I check all the "hidden" areas (behind hot water heater, under toilet area, etc) as thoroughly as I can when I winterize.

Thanks for your replies. BC is under warranty - just purchased in July and have been on several trips with no problems. We felt like with this many leaks and one of them major, we need to take it back to the dealer.

PSF513

We have a 2010 BC and have had a few leaks from the fill line to the toilet. We camped for a week last fall and had a similar issue with the storage compartment wet when we retruned home. Dealer fixed it under warranty. Just got home from a week in Myrtle Beach and noticed a "few drips" every so often but nothing to write hoe about. It is going to the shop anyway so just another thing to have them check under warranty