Water line fittings

bigbird272

I am picking up my new 3580 on Monday next. The dealer will be doing a pdi? If they do a proper one I hope to have no leak issues. I will confirm with them on Monday and make sure it is done. Just in case it is not as through as it should be do you tighten the fittings by hand? My current trailer has never leaked at the plumbing fixtures and they are all plastic connections. I would hesitate to use a wrench?

Rick

2010augusta

yes, most of the threaded fitting can be tightened by hand. I have had leaks at the crimped hose clamps and those required a replacement clamp to fix the leak.

bigbird272

yes, most of the threaded fitting can be tightened by hand. I have had leaks at the crimped hose clamps and those required a replacement clamp to fix the leak.
I am a bit of a worry wart. I just want things to be perfect at least until my first trip this summer. That's what I thought.

Rick

Gaffer

Pdi

You should really be present at your PDI. Plan to spend most of the day. See attached for suggestions on what to look for. I learned a lot about my rig by attending the PDI. Most buyers don't do this but my dealer was very cooperative.

Attachments

• PDI.doc
    47.5 KB · Views: 25

bigbird272

You should really be present at your PDI. Plan to spend most of the day. See attached for suggestions on what to look for. I learned a lot about my rig by attending the PDI. Most buyers don't do this but my dealer was very cooperative.
Thanks for the pdi work sheet. They do this next Monday. My appointment is 1030 am for banking stuff then pdi after. May stay on their lot that night to double check. Have to transfer stuff from old trailer to new one as we full time. That it itself will be a chore.

Rick

cashb

No plumbing leaks for us, just need to silicone around glass enclosure of shower. And even the tiny leak here was from spraying down the walls with shower head. Stay positive as you may very well have the good fortune that we have had with our just delivered Sundance!

westxsrt10

Perfict Senior Member
I am a bit of a worry wart. I just want things to be perfect at least until my first trip this summer. That's what I thought.

Rick

Don't worry....I had my unit shipped here site unseen last winter and never had a PDI. I had one problem a month ago and Heartland came through and covered the issue 100%.

cashb

Same here on the sight unseen and no PDI.. Scary, but not as scary as driving to Elkhart, Indiana in January!! :eek:

TXBobcat

Fulltime
You might also take a video camera with you and have someone make a movie of everything that is being done.

Fill all Tanks until you see water in the tank, shower and commode. When you see the water go outside and look all around, then look all around inside. Then drain the gray and black tanks. Then fill your fresh water tank and see if it will fill completely. Remember the sensors in the trailer are not always correct.

I would take a water hose and spray it hard all around the doors and slides then check for leaks.

One thing about a trailer is that water is it's worst ememy.

You should go over all the functions of the trailer. Raise and lower the landing gear. Turn on all A/C's, furnace, Look at the springs, tires and axles. Make sure the U-Bolt nuts on the axles are tight. Mine and many others were loose.

You will not get a good sewer hose. Get a clear 45* adapter and a new sewer hose.

Run the slides in and out and make sure they are not dragging. Check the Refer and make sure it is cooling. Check the front clothes rack bar and make sure it is securely attached. Due to bouncing a some of them will come down.

Living in it atleast one night would be a good deal also.

FWIW
BC

fishinrvr

BigBird,

If you have any water leaks I would replace the fitting where the leak is. I had a couple of little issues with the plastic 1/2 X 1/2 "L" bracket that connects to the hot water bypass. Initially I tried to just tighten it, but that made it leak more so I went down to my local hardware store and picked some up...now I carry a few extra just in case.

smday

Same here on the sight unseen and no PDI.. Scary, but not as scary as driving to Elkhart, Indiana in January!! :eek:

We just finished the trip last week. We Got lucky and had great weather. I expected the worse weather possible and we probably got the best Temps for January.:) It was like a 3000 mile long Chinook from Alberta to Michigan/Indiana and we should have brought our shorts and T shirts.