Water Supply to Frigidaire

Javagirl

We are on our "shake down" trip with our new-to-us 2014 Key Largo and haven't been able to figure out how to turn on the water supply to the icemaker and water dispenser. The frig is not on the same wall as the sink so the valve isn't under the sink. We have installed a new water filter and checked that it is securely seated. Any suggestions?
Thank you,
Ann Fahrman

jimtoo

Hi Javagirl,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and to the family. We have a great bunch of folks here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

Be sure and check out our Heartland Owners Club. Join us at a rally when you can and meet lots of the great folks here and make friends for a lifetime.

I think you need to check a little closer for the valve for the ice maker under the sink. I am pretty sure it is there somewhere. I'm sure some others will jump in soon also.

Enjoy the forum and your new to you unit.

Jim M

I did move thread to better area also.

danemayer

Hi Javagirl,

The cutoff valve may be behind the lower drawers on the left side of the kitchen island.

travlingman

It is on the cold supply line to the kitchen sink. Mine is beside the sink trap. Look for a little valve to turn. There is also a drain valve outside that will be behind the rear wheel on the fridge side. You will need to make sure it is closed after you turn the water on inside.

Javagirl

It is on the cold supply line to the kitchen sink. Mine is beside the sink trap. Look for a little valve to turn. There is also a drain valve outside that will be behind the rear wheel on the fridge side. You will need to make sure it is closed after you turn the water on inside.

We found what you described under the sink but it looks like the valve handle broke off. We tried turning it with pliers but will have to have it replaced. Thank you for your help:)

travlingman

We found what you described under the sink but it looks like the valve handle broke off. We tried turning it with pliers but will have to have it replaced. Thank you for your help:)

There isn't a handle on my 2014. It has a knob that is about half the size of my thumb. Should take 1/4 of a turn to give you water to the fridge. Check it again, sorry not at rig and can't remember if you go clockwise or counter to turn it on.

plshilo

It is just a 1/4 turn......also don't forget to turn the ice maker itself on. You need to remove the ice cream shelf and turn that switch.......Good Luck

danemayer

When you do get the cutoff valve replaced and water is flowing, keep an eye on it to make sure there are no leaks in the poly line to the refrigerator. The valve may have been shut off to winterize, or perhaps because of a leak. A broken-off handle makes me wonder.

Attachments

• Water feed line cutoff Ashland callout.jpg
    Water feed line cutoff Ashland callout.jpg
    106.4 KB · Views: 29

travlingman

For the 2014 the valve on mine is different from the picture above. I would say yours is too. Here is a pic of the valve you should be looking for.
valve.jpg

Are you saying the end is broken off?

Nuclearcowboy

We just took our new BH 3970RD for its initial shakedown a few weeks ago. Our Frigidaire water supply valve is located under the kitchen sink on the cold water supply line. Well, during our initial outing, we could not get water to the refrigerator ice maker or water dispenser. The supply valve, which is a 90 degree valve, was verified open. Finally, we pulled out the lower storage drawer opposite the kitchen island, behind which is where the line comes up from the RV belly to the back of the refrigerator, and found the supply line completely kinked. It appears that a lot of care was absent at the factory when running this line, as it was just shoved up in the area. I fixed the line myself and got the water supply working but intend on replacing it with a 15-20' rubber/stainless braided line when the weather warms back up, since these ice maker supply lines are too cheap and brittle to rely on for line integrity. I recommend checking your whole water line run once you get the valve fixed.

travlingman

It does look like the end has came off. You might have enough left that a pair of pliers might be able to turn it. It only takes 1/4 of a turn to open the valve.