water system?

Mariposa

Shuflo pump pumps water as required. as Pressure builds pump is suppose to stop running, but pumps goes into a idle type mode, running until switch is turn off. Any ideas what is wrong or a fix?
Bob

phranc

It may have lost it's prime.. Mine will do that if the fresh water tank does not have much water in it , say 5 or 10 gals, and the coach in not level. Water tank is flat and if coach is off level some , the water will go to one side , perhaps away from the pickup tube causing a loss of prime.. My solution is to keep more water in tank, approx 20 gals or so.
Some others may chime in here with other suggestions and ideas..

cjbearden

Visitor
Some of the Shurflo pumps do fail. The one in our old BH3400 was not large enough for the job and was replaced within two weeks of buying the BH with larger, newer pump that worked great. The pump in our new Augusta failed before we even took delivery and dealer replaced it with a larger, better model Shurflo. Sorry don't have the numbers. Don't know what model your BH is or what year but have it checked to see if it is what you need to handle the water system in your coach.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Bob, have you used the pump previously? The valve between the pump and the tank on the suction line may be closed. Other than that try the shurflo website for info. Get your pump model number. There are PDF files available for each pump with troubleshooting guides. Shurflo replaced ours shortly after we bought our trailer. We were on the way to TX and they had a pump waiting for us at our destination. N/C. We had faulty diaphragms.

Mariposa

water pump fixed

While some other repairs were be done to the unit, the water pump was check, by the crew that was working on the unit. The pump was replaced. Part of the housing had a small, hair line, crack in it. It wasn't leaking so I didn't notice the crack. New pump working as it should.
None
Bob