What did you do to your camper today?

jassson007

Founding Louisiana Chapter Leaders-Retired
The dogs won't use the bare aluminum to go up or down. They're giving the covers a try, so if the dogs will accept them we'll leave them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Was gonna ask how they like them. Rowdy will not go up or down but likes to go up one step on any other rig. Kaydee will not leave the door frame but if you put her in top step she will go down but not up.

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
Was gonna ask how they like them. Rowdy will not go up or down but likes to go up one step on any other rig. Kaydee will not leave the door frame but if you put her in top step she will go down but not up.

Romeo and Juliet are still adapting. They have a fear of the open riser area. Got Romeo to go down a couple of steps this evening, but that was with great reluctance.

jbeletti

I winterized!

Well, now that I am in Colorado and no longer have an RV garage, I have to winterize! Did it yesterday. I used 40 PSI compressed air in the entire system, then put a cup of RV antifreeze down the shower drain, all 3 sink drains and into the commode bowl. Also ran RV antifreeze through a rinse and drain cycle of both the clothes washing machine and the dishwasher.

A couple areas I also winterized (compressed air only) that are easily and often overlooked by many (myself included):
- Ice Maker
- Commode hand-sprayer
- Outdoor shower
- Black tank flusher (potential water in the atmospheric vacuum breaker - there, I said it :eek:)
- *Water pump and strainer

* My OEM water pump had been removed and was dry when I reinstalled it during winterization

Happy winter!

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
Re: I winterized!

Well, now that I am in Colorado and no longer have an RV garage, I have to winterize! Did it yesterday. I used 40 PSI compressed air in the entire system, then put a cup of RV antifreeze down the shower drain, all 3 sink drains and into the commode bowl. Also ran RV antifreeze through a rinse and drain cycle of both the clothes washing machine and the dishwasher.

A couple areas I also winterized (compressed air only) that are easily and often overlooked by many (myself included):
- Ice Maker
- Commode hand-sprayer
- Outdoor shower
- Black tank flusher (potential water in the atmospheric vacuum breaker - there, I said it :eek:)

* My OEM water pump had been removed and was dry when I reinstalled it during winterization

Happy winter!

Welcome to the club . . . and winter (not here yet, but soon) . . . and Colorado!

danemayer

Also ran RV antifreeze through a rinse and drain cycle of both the clothes washing machine and the dishwasher.

Jim,

We've had some past comments about the washing machine and use of Permanent Press Cycle 3 because of some area not protected by the Rinse cycle. The Winterization Guide was modified to reflect that.
Compressed Air Method
Set the water temperature to HOT and turn the dial to Wash setting 3 (Permanent Press). The compressed air will evacuate water from the hot water line into the drum. After all of the water is out of the hot line, switch to COLD and run the Wash setting 3 (Permanent Press) cycle again. Run one more time using the RINSE cycle to clear the rinse solenoid.
After both hot and cold lines are blowing air only, set the wash cycle dial to DRAIN and allow the pump to empty the water out of the drum.
Pour antifreeze into the washing machine until you can see it coming just above the holes in the drum. Then run the DRAIN cycle to flush antifreeze through the pump, drain hose and p-trap.
When de-winterizing, with water temp set to WARM, use the Wash setting 3 (Permanent Press) cycle to add water to the drum, and the DRAIN cycle to pump it out. Do this several times to get all of the antifreeze out of the drums so it doesn’t stain clothing.

Antifreeze Method
Set the washing machine temperature control on HOT to run hot water through the hot water line, solenoid, and into the drum. Then set the dial to Wash setting 3 (Permanent Press) and start the machine. When you see pink antifreeze in the drum, stop the cycle.
Run a second time using the RINSE cycle to pump antifreeze through the rinse solenoid.
Set the dial to DRAIN to pump the mixture of antifreeze and water out of the washing machine.
Change the temperature setting COLD and run Wash setting 3 (Permanent Press) again. When you see antifreeze in the drum, stop the cycle.
Set the dial to DRAIN again to pump the pure antifreeze out of the washing machine and through the drain hose and into the p-trap.

Bones

- Ice Maker
- Commode hand-sprayer
- Outdoor shower

Happy winter!
Nice. You might be surprised that I blow out my black tank flush every year. :)

JWalker

Northeast Region Director-Retired

well, now that i am in colorado and no longer have an rv garage, i have to winterize! Did it yesterday. I used 40 psi compressed air in the entire system, then put a cup of rv antifreeze down the shower drain, all 3 sink drains and into the commode bowl. Also ran rv antifreeze through a rinse and drain cycle of both the clothes washing machine and the dishwasher.

A couple areas i also winterized (compressed air only) that are easily and often overlooked by many (myself included):
- ice maker
- commode hand-sprayer
- outdoor shower
- black tank flusher (potential water in the atmospheric vacuum breaker - there, i said it :eek:)
- *water pump and strainer

* my oem water pump had been removed and was dry when i reinstalled it during winterization

happy winter!

haha. Lol. Haha

ROOKIE.........

TahoeCamper

Founding Nevada-North Chapter Leader-Retired
Last weekend we winterized everything. This weekend we washed her top to bottom. Next weekend the cover goes on and she'll be asleep till we prep for the Northern-California spring rally in Durango. Even washed the Ram and the DW's Sonata. Was surprised it didn't snow overnight with that many washed vehicles in one day!! Now we wait for 5-months till we can go camping with our HOC friends again.

jbeletti

Jim,

We've had some past comments about the washing machine and use of Permanent Press Cycle 3 because of some area not protected by the Rinse cycle. The Winterization Guide was modified to reflect that.

Thanks for the reminder Dan. Can't remember what cycles I used. Done it so many times, I did it from memory. Correctly I hope :eek:

JWalker

Northeast Region Director-Retired

What are you talking about you take yours t a heated barn. Lol

Yeah, but we still winterize it for two reasons. First, It does not go to storage till this Saturday. And we've had several nights where it's been in the mid 20s and low 30s. Also when we pull it out mid March and we could still have a month of freezing temperatures after that. Second, I'm always concerned that the power will go out for an extended period of time and I'll lose heat in the building. Better safe than sorry.

jassson007

Founding Louisiana Chapter Leaders-Retired

Yeah, but we still winterize it for two reasons. First, It does not go to storage till this Saturday. And we've had several nights where it's been in the mid 20s and low 30s. Also when we pull it out mid March and we could still have a month of freezing temperatures after that. Second, I'm always concerned that the power will go out for an extended period of time and I'll lose heat in the building. Better safe than sorry.

Save yourself some work and move south. Finally had a weekend not in the 80's. Lol

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
It is 62 degrees here in Denver and sunny right now . . . should be about 15 degrees cooler this time of year.

Going out in a few minutes to winterize the plumbing.