What did you do to your camper today?

Miltp920

Cool. too bad about shipping. I live an hour from Elkhart. It would be worth the drive to save $150.

Called heartland and had the entire pantry shipped again. It included the top 3 large shelves and I just cut them down to fit. All 6 shelves are identical. So here is the kicker.. The whole pantry was 70 bucks. But it comes assembled and on a truck........ = freight and not UPS! 70 turns into $225.00. The parts manager reviewed and took care of the miscommunication. After that call, he believes you can order just the shelves, as I wanted.

Hookem59

I like your idea of mounting it on the HOC plaque too.

Yeah, not such a good idea after all. Turns out the plaque isn't really meant to take the amount of wind it gets if you mount it that high. Fortunately, I happened to be looking at it when it let go. Thank goodness for zip ties!

Oh, and the camp kitchen on a Sundance 3300CK can hold about three inches of water before it starts spilling over into the bunkroom. Ask me how I know! :)

Been an eventful start to our trip....

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Stripped the old caulk from the front cap side trim and recaulked. Rear cap may be tomorrow. Then scrub the black spots off both caps and apply Nu-Finish. Glad I decided to bring my M26 Little Giant this visit. Much more stable in an A-frame set up than trying to work from a straight extension ladder near the roof edge.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.

Bones

Yeah, not such a good idea after all. Turns out the plaque isn't really meant to take the amount of wind it gets if you mount it that high. Fortunately, I happened to be looking at it when it let go. Thank goodness for zip ties!

Oh, and the camp kitchen on a Sundance 3300CK can hold about three inches of water before it starts spilling over into the bunkroom. Ask me how I know! :)

Been an eventful start to our trip....

How do you know :)

BLHFUN

Cool. too bad about shipping. I live an hour from Elkhart. It would be worth the drive to save $150.

It's probably a good thing that I don't live close - I'd be over there all the dang time for little " Projects " and ideas.

JWalker

Northeast Region Director-Retired
Been contemplating the electric Ground Control leveling system for a while, but at the Heartland rally in Goshen, we couldn't pass up the deal on the Level Up system. What a great Fathers Day gift.

attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    682 KB · Views: 259
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    809.5 KB · Views: 263
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    467.5 KB · Views: 261

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired
Been contemplating the electric Ground Control leveling system for a while, but at the Heartland rally in Goshen, we couldn't pass up the deal on the Level Up system. What a great Fathers Day gift.

Jamie,
I'm noticing a trend here. When you go to these rallies your wallet gets lighter !!!!

From Homer AK.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:

Bones

That system looks good.

Last edited by a moderator:

fredwrichardson

Past New Mexico Chapter Leader
After going on a long trip with our two 13 year old boys (Disneyworld - Fort Wilderness) I found out that locking and unlocking the 5th wheel is a real pain. One of my boys lost his key and I forgot my keys and had to track down my wife to get in and that took almost an hour. I just bought the RV Lock - RVLock RVLv4.0. Here is a picture.

attachment.php

Many on the forums have upgraded to this and in general it gets good reviews. Nice to know you can open and lock the RV with a key, a FOB or just by knowing a 4 digit code. I get it tomorrow and will install this weekend.

Attachments

• rvlock.jpg
    rvlock.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 307

jbeletti

After going on a long trip with our two 13 year old boys (Disneyworld - Fort Wilderness) I found out that locking and unlocking the 5th wheel is a real pain. One of my boys lost his key and I forgot my keys and had to track down my wife to get in and that took almost an hour. I just bought the RV Lock - RVLock RVLv4.0. Here is a picture.

Many on the forums have upgraded to this and in general it gets good reviews. Nice to know you can open and lock the RV with a key, a FOB or just by knowing a 4 digit code. I get it tomorrow and will install this weekend.

Fred - couple of pointers for you.

1. As you have full-body paint, if you didn't know to ask for this, call RVLock and ask for the black vinyl decal. You'll install this around the hole in the door after you remove the old lock. Heartland sends their RVs out for paint with the regular door lock in-place. The RVLock is not quite as tall as the regular lock. When you install the RVLock on full-body paint, you will see a small area above and below the lock that is not painted. The black vinyl decal is used to address this. As it's needed only in a small percentage of RVLock installs, they don't ship them with the locks.

2. You "may" have to trim the door a bit for 2 of the bosses (screw tunnels?) on the lock body. I chucked up a 1/4" drill bit and used it as a mill and milled out 2 small spots that allowed the lock to pop right into place. See this link for a picture of what I mean.

fredwrichardson

Past New Mexico Chapter Leader
Fred - couple of pointers for you.

1. As you have full-body paint, if you didn't know to ask for this, call RVLock and ask for the black vinyl decal. You'll install this around the hole in the door after you remove the old lock. Heartland sends their RVs out for paint with the regular door lock in-place. The RVLock is not quite as tall as the regular lock. When you install the RVLock on full-body paint, you will see a small area above and below the lock that is not painted. The black vinyl decal is used to address this. As it's needed only in a small percentage of RVLock installs, they don't ship them with the locks.

2. You "may" have to trim the door a bit for 2 of the bosses (screw tunnels?) on the lock body. I chucked up a 1/4" drill bit and used it as a mill and milled out 2 small spots that allowed the lock to pop right into place. See this link for a picture of what I mean.

Jim - thanks for the information. The lock already shipped but will call today and see if they can send the decal.

danemayer

Fred,

The RV Lock 4.0 is very reliable, but with any keyless entry system, it's a good practice to carry a key, or at least keep one accessible somewhere just in case the batteries die or the electronics fail.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Redid the rear cap side caulking and recaulked the two rear side windows. Too windy for the lakes, might as well do maintenance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MagnoliaTom

I replaced a broken sliding door pin bracket. Also adjusted the kitchen slide out to be flush in both sides. Actually was quite simple. Finally cleaned off all the leaves and pine needles on all the slide outs

porthole

Retired
Installed a Mor/Ryde sliding tray in the basement, no more climbing to get stuff out of the basement.

Did you take before and after pics?
I would like to have the tray, but the non drop frame on the 3010 means a low and smaller basement.

porthole

Retired
Fred,

The RV Lock 4.0 is very reliable, but with any keyless entry system, it's a good practice to carry a key, or at least keep one accessible somewhere just in case the batteries die or the electronics fail.

Hanging by the door over the sink - spare truck and golf cart key
Hanging in the console in the truck - spare trailer keys :cool: