What did you do to your camper today?

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
View attachment 43013

Thought we needed a little end table between our recliners, saw a picture of a small table in a catalog ($189.00) told DW, I can build that. AND so I did. Not happy with the stain job, but she's happy, and we all know about that.
Next project is a pull out sewing table that I will locate under the desk top. It will create a 20" wide by 40" work area for her sewing machine and sundry stuff while we are north as snowbirds for 4 months, parked in Ohio and MA.
I hope I learned from the end table to stain the sewing table a little better. I used a gel stain, and will treat that somewhat differently next time.
Used aspen for the first time on these projects, time will tell.

Great looking table! Nice work!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
Going out to hitch up for the Tucson Rally!

Will be leaving in about an hour and a half!

Diamondjim

Nice job. :) looks good
Heartland needs you to make a few thousand more.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Thanks for the positive feedback! BUT.

Perish the thought. Cabinet making is a hobby, but I work better with a plan than by the seat of my pants. I guess the PC term today is "intuitive engineer" :p

fredwrichardson

Past New Mexico Chapter Leader
Today I added a "Hatch Lift" to my front cargo door (where the batteries are located on our Ashland). Cost $80 but what a difference it makes not to have the door slamming on my head. Now I can actually use the area where the generator would be for some serious storage. Hatch Lift is a very good product and customer service is also very good. Product was delivered two days after I ordered it.

Hatch home page 1-160x160.jpg

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
We did this on our ElkRidge, and will likely do the same on our new rig.

One word of warning, you can womp a shoulder blade or back of your head, on one of the shocks, if you back away from the door opening at the wrong angle. It's easiest to do this when the 5ver is hitched to the truck.

Diamondjim

One word of warning, you can womp a shoulder blade or back of your head, on one of the shocks, if you back away from the door opening at the wrong angle. It's easiest to do this when the 5ver is hitched to the truck.

Being new to 5th wheels, and 6'4", this area is the biggest "pain" for me!

Fred, nice clean looking job. But I still am going to have to almost get on my hands and knees.:(

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired
Yep. About 6'2" myself and while we use it for storage, no genset, it holds the "if I need it" stuff. I go days w/o ever opening.

MCTalley

Several little mods and fixes today, but here are two in particular.

First, when we bought our washer/dryer the only color vent they had was white. Considering the alternatives, if in stock, would have been black or chrome, we figured it was a pretty good alternative. We headed over to Lowes to grab some off-white and beige paint chips and brought them back to the trailer to find something pretty close to the right color. Then, back to Lowe's to see if they had any spray paint close to the right color. We found what I would consider a pretty close match, so I removed, sprayed and re-installed the vent cover. Much better.

Before:

i-KhnzGZ4-M.jpg

After:

i-PGnX8JG-M.jpg

It looks a little better in person. If anything, it's maybe one shade too dark, but close enough.

Here's the paint you want, in case you have a 2014-2016 BC and might have need to paint something outside to match the main body (pretty close, at least):

i-4sF5gSm-M.jpg

Here's the stock number and paint name (85004 - Gloss Lovely Bluff):

i-pnzvZ97-M.jpg

Second up was to fix the crooked valance over the front dining room window. The factory screws it to the ceiling, but the ceiling isn't level. We noticed that they've corrected that in newer Big Country units. Basically just used "L" brackets to move it down level with the top of the window frame.

Before:

i-Q7vDCZL-M.jpg

After:

i-DPMXKMN-M.jpg

jassson007

Founding Louisiana Chapter Leaders-Retired
Flushed water heater out today, not as bad as it usually is but still a lot of mineral/calcium came out. Also fixed my under step light. Would like to switch it out for a blue led if anyone has a source to order one.

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired
Flushed water heater out today, not as bad as it usually is but still a lot of mineral/calcium came out. Also fixed my under step light. Would like to switch it out for a blue led if anyone has a source to order one.

Autozone
eab51d8d7e8142fb4613b4d239ac43c2.jpg

Shortest Straw

Caught In A Mosh
Busy day today. Finished the surge protector install I started yesterday. It was not as difficult as I anticipated. While I had the basement wall down I cleaned up all of the manufacturing debris and secured all of the wires, heater ducting and cables I could reach. Then I installed a 5 LED light on the outside above the water heater so I can have a lot more light on the drivers side. I wired a separate switch for it in the UDC. I then went inside and measured and cut down the bed platform for a queen mattress, and moved the struts that raise the platform so that it opens wider. Tomorrow I will install the bedside stands we ordered and put in some back splash along the fridge area that doesn't have any. If i have time I will weld a platform to go from one battery to two and wire it all in plus move the battery shut off from the front compartment storage to the basement.