What did you do to your camper today?

rxbristol

This exact type but bring a sample of your old one to the store to match up proper length. I think I had 20 or 22". That's what I did and it worked great. Now the drawers do not open while towing and the added plus of a soft close. Word of warning: The rear mounting area in my coach is nothing more than a floating frame. It was also 1" too close to the front for these replacement units. So all I had to do was remove every old hinge (which was going to happen anyway), push the frame back an inch and viola, perfection.

Thank you, Ron!!

porthole

Retired
This exact type but bring a sample of your old one to the store to match up proper length. I think I had 20 or 22". That's what I did and it worked great. Now the drawers do not open while towing and the added plus of a soft close. Word of warning: The rear mounting area in my coach is nothing more than a floating frame. It was also 1" too close to the front for these replacement units. So all I had to do was remove every old hinge (which was going to happen anyway), push the frame back an inch and viola, perfection.
http://www.homedepot.com/p/Liberty-...xtension-Drawer-Slide-1-Pair-942205/205171305

The full extension slides are a double bonus ;)

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
Gonna go outside in a few minutes to start loading up our Prowler as we leave for the 2016 Arizona HOC Rodeo Rally in Tucson next Friday . . . a week from tomorrow!

If you are not gonna be there . . .

Boy, are you gonna miss a great time!

Not only is the AZ HOC Chapter a wild bunch . . . but add us Colorado HOC members and you've got a PARTY!

Oh yeah . . . Denver Bronco's are the BEST!

For20hunter

Pacific Region Directors-Retired
Ron,

Do those stay closed during travel very well? I was considering upgrading mine, but the detent for holding them closed did not seem as strong as the factory slide rails.

Rod

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Liberty-...xtension-Drawer-Slide-1-Pair-942205/205171305

chiefneon

Howdy,

After nine years of fulltiming and my LW complaining about the water pressure I broke down and purchased a Watts 263A water pressure regulator from the RV Water Filter Store. Installed it today and set the water pressure and it works great and the wife is happy.

"Happy Trails"
Chiefneon

Last edited:

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired
My rainy morning project, $20 in materials and a couple hours of sweat equity, will add some color to the otherwise neutral interior...
eef12ac65a9bc586bd627a7eb5b19a1d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

gwalter

Retired Colorado Chapter Leaders
We are loading it up now for the Tucson Rodeo Rally and leaving in the morning. I will de-winterize it today before we leave as temps will not be below freezing tonight. The weather in the 60s and 70s is very welcome here. :)

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
I'm wondering if I should dewinterize ours on Thursday before we leave for Tucson on Friday?

I was thinking about waiting until we get to Elephant Butte, NM since we will be staying there two nights on the way down.

I've got it about half loaded already with the stuff we are taking with us.

Doublegranch

Mountain Region Director-Retired
I looked at the North Trail inside the barn and wondering which day she will see the outside "world"....
Think I will pull it out on Friday and start cleaning and loading it up.
Can't wait for the Tucson Rodeo Rally to begin!!!!!!!!!!

gwalter

Retired Colorado Chapter Leaders
We are leaving at noon tomorrow and I will de-winterize before we leave as it is easier at home. The warmer temps traveling will present no problems.

Last edited:

Mrsfish

Pulled the rig out of storage on Sunday and spent yesterday steam cleaning the carpets and oiling the cabinets. Today, Rick cleaned the roof and waxed the front cap. Tomorrow- the back and sides. Rodeo rally- here we come!

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Checked and topped off the water in the battery. It was low.
So as a reminder to all, check your battery water level.

Peace
Dave

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
This weekend we did a few projects. Replaced two light switch locations from the dinky small switches to the nice bigger easier to find on the dark switches, as well as moved the order of the bathroom switch bank to make more sense to us.

Added the Heartland Owners Plaque to the back ladder.

Replaced the keypad skin on our RVLock. Our code numbers were developing some cracking around them. RVLock sells the keypad skin replacement, just remove the old and stick on the new.

Added dirt dauber screens to WH, Furnace and Fridge. Too many of those pesky daubers out here in west/central TX. And I've already seen them scoping us out!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DougS

Doug S
Just finished modification on the window valances (side panels) for the windows replacing the short fabric drapes.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    115.2 KB · Views: 113

pegmikef

Actually yesterday, had the bearings repacked, new seals, etc. Running gear inspection and minor repair to one of the brakes. I try to have it done every 10 to 12 thousand miles. Saves a lot of grief.

jayc

Legendary Member
I cleaned up the sliding tray in my underbelly and got rid of some clutter. We'll be leaving on the rally trail soon.

Diamondjim

0213161620a.jpg

Thought we needed a little end table between our recliners, saw a picture of a small table in a catalog ($189.00) told DW, I can build that. AND so I did. Not happy with the stain job, but she's happy, and we all know about that.
Next project is a pull out sewing table that I will locate under the desk top. It will create a 20" wide by 40" work area for her sewing machine and sundry stuff while we are north as snowbirds for 4 months, parked in Ohio and MA.
I hope I learned from the end table to stain the sewing table a little better. I used a gel stain, and will treat that somewhat differently next time.
Used aspen for the first time on these projects, time will tell.