What did you do to your camper today?

BLHFUN

Where did you match the wood color?

Called heartland and had the entire pantry shipped again. It included the top 3 large shelves and I just cut them down to fit. All 6 shelves are identical. So here is the kicker.. The whole pantry was 70 bucks. But it comes assembled and on a truck........ = freight and not UPS! 70 turns into $225.00. The parts manager reviewed and took care of the miscommunication. After that call, he believes you can order just the shelves, as I wanted.

Hookem59

My pre-vacation to-do list doesn't seem to be getting any shorter, but I did find the time to copy an idea I saw on here a while back. I mounted a section of five inch fence post under the back, and put a section of vinyl gutter inside that. Voila--storage for 20 feet of sewer hose, including fittings!

5f637eecb7403f15cf15b98e22332935.jpg

8401e6d50a10c4222a16b96af47483b8.jpg

4e9094897cd4349699bcc4aa8538d4e0.jpg

845e3c10b9796b715d70af5d5843ab95.jpg

cgaskins

A load of stuff...

1. cleaned all of the outside windows and black streaks streaks
  2. installed TPMS booster
  3. installed hanging hooks in the basement for hoses and such
  4. tightened all the lugnuts
  5. checked tire pressures
  6. began loading stuff for our trip

We leave Wednesday for Denton, Texas, then Colorado, then South Dakota.

-Chris

jnbhobe

Installed a Mor/Ryde sliding tray in the basement, no more climbing to get stuff out of the basement.

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
We leave Wednesday for Denton, Texas, then Colorado, then South Dakota.

-Chris

When and where are you going to be in Colorado?

The Colorado HOC is having a Meet & Greet in Colorado Springs next Thursday, and some of us (along with some Arizona members on their way back from Goshen) will be near there with our RV's!

Chippendale

My pre-vacation to-do list doesn't seem to be getting any shorter, but I did find the time to copy an idea I saw on here a while back. I mounted a section of five inch fence post under the back, and put a section of vinyl gutter inside that. Voila--storage for 20 feet of sewer hose, including fittings!

5f637eecb7403f15cf15b98e22332935.jpg

8401e6d50a10c4222a16b96af47483b8.jpg

4e9094897cd4349699bcc4aa8538d4e0.jpg

What a neat idea, I am going to copy it before you patent it and sell it to Lippert.

cgaskins

When and where are you going to be in Colorado?

The Colorado HOC is having a Meet & Greet in Colorado Springs next Thursday, and some of us (along with some Arizona members on their way back from Goshen) will be near there with our RV's!

Hi. We will be in Estes Park June 28, 29 and 30. Then Hill City July 1-9.

-Chris

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
Hi. We will be in Estes Park June 28, 29 and 30. Then Hill City July 1-9.

-Chris

We spent a week in Estes Park last summer at Manor RV Park . . . site was right on the river and had a blast!

Lots to do and not enough time to do it all in Estes!

We stayed in Custer, SD a couple of years ago for a week . . . we want to go up there again someday soon!

We spent a little time walking around Hill City one day and had dinner there.

We got a coupon with our new trailer for several nights free near Mount Rushmore, but have to use it before October 15th . . . but that trip is not in the cards for us this year.

Have fun and don't forget to relax a little!

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
Washed the trailer and cleaned the awning yesterday. Pulled the piece of carpet out of the bottom of one of the big closet/pantries that are in the Grand Canyon models. Had a small leak that got it wet and mildewed. Replaced it with some Luan section we had left over after we took down the shelf in the laundry closet a few years ago when we installed the washer and dryer. Never throw stuff like that away. It always comes in handy later.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
Oh wow - where can i begin. The National Rally loved seeing us coming. Added the Alum Quad steps, getting rid of the heavy steel steps that came on the LM; had the Winegard Rayzar over the air antena added; and then had Mark Comer make the Tennessee Chapter decal for the back window.
attachment.php

Attachments

• 20150621_145248_resized.jpg
    20150621_145248_resized.jpg
    665.8 KB · Views: 273

MagnoliaTom

Washed the trailer after we got home from the beach. Didn't want any problems with the salt air causing rust. While I was washing, I noticed our kitchen slide gasket is torn.
I'll try to repair it myself as the dealer would certainly do it wrong. (I know because our old TT we bought from them had the same problem and it was never right after they worked on it. In fact, that was the main reason I traded it in because it kept leaking)

jassson007

Founding Louisiana Chapter Leaders-Retired
Oh wow - where can i begin. The National Rally loved seeing us coming. Added the Alum Quad steps, getting rid of the heavy steel steps that came on the LM; had the Winegard Rayzar over the air antena added; and then had Mark Comer make the Tennessee Chapter decal for the back window.
attachment.php

We got the steps as well. Also got washed & waxed and carpets cleaned. Then had Linda do the same thing for us along with a small HOC logo for truck. Also forgot Jo got a wooden sign finally that does not have MSU or blue & gold on it. Lol

b6ebc61532b54b3f4fe20928db5ff856.jpg

05e8aeb18594cebb8b6b989a7914124b.jpg

MCTalley

At the rally, we swapped out our Reese R16 hitch for the 20K equivalent, replaced our stock pinbox with a MorRyde pinbox we bought from Keith Lindgren (special thanks to Andy Grimes for assisting with the installation), had the aluminum steps installed in place of the stock steel ones and replaced a few incandescent bulbs with LEDs from Jirah (vendor at the rally).

Today I got 1/6th of our home theater speaker mod complete, replacing the center channel speaker with a Bose speaker from the Acoustimass 6 speaker system I got on Amazon. The outgoing model (link here) is about half the price ($369) of the current one ($699). If you like Bose, this is a pretty good steal.

I'll do a complete write-up on the blog when I finish installing the whole system. I'm hoping the main/bass speaker module will fit behind the fireplace, but I'm not tearing up anything until we are settled in Houston later this week.

Attachments

• 150621-03.JPG
    150621-03.JPG
    116.8 KB · Views: 54

dlw930

I also had a MorRyde sliding storage tray installed at the Goshen rally. I can not only get more "stuff" in the basement now, it's easier to get to everything. I also had the Comers make HOC decals for our coach and truck. Oh, and I fixed the anchors on one of the overhead cabinet door hinges in the coach; this seems like a weekly task for a weakly designed screw anchor.

rxbristol

Love the pull out tray!!

Hookem59

Today's big project was mounting the rearview camera for my Garmin RV 760LMT. I really didn't want to drill any holes, but I did want it higher than the license plate. Then I had an aha moment: I attached it to my Heartland Owners Club plaque, and mounted that at the top of my ladder instead of near the middle. I used the Garmin extension cable and ran the wire along my propane grill line up to the landing gear compartment, and connected it directly to the battery there. Nice picture on that thing!

mmomega

AnyTimer
While I was at Walmart I picked up some Soft Dots to put on the back corners of cabinets and drawers.

So now instead of a loud wood on wood smack when they close, there is just more of a thud.
A little thing but I like them better.

So far I've done all the overhead cabinets in the living room, entertainment center, pantry and the drawers in the kitchen. I just need some more to finish out in the bedroom and bathroom.

The rubbery real soft ones are what you're looking for, the other clear bumpers in the package were still a little too hard for my liking and didn't really lessen the sound of the door/drawers closing.
The real soft ones also allow the drawers to fully close.

On the taller doors I added a dot at the very top corner, very bottom corner and another in the center if there was a crossbeam like you can see in the photo.

Attachments

• IMG_1099.jpg
    IMG_1099.jpg
    626.9 KB · Views: 55
  • IMG_1101.jpg
    IMG_1101.jpg
    592.5 KB · Views: 58
  • IMG_1100.jpg
    IMG_1100.jpg
    472 KB · Views: 47

dlw930

Today's big project was mounting the rearview camera for my Garmin RV 760LMT. I really didn't want to drill any holes, but I did want it higher than the license plate. Then I had an aha moment: I attached it to my Heartland Owners Club plaque, and mounted that at the top of my ladder instead of near the middle. I used the Garmin extension cable and ran the wire along my propane grill line up to the landing gear compartment, and connected it directly to the battery there. Nice picture on that thing!

I hooked mine up the week before we left for the Goshen rally. I ended up drilling a 3/8" hole just under the top center clearance light on the back end cap and running the extension cable across the top and down to the underbelly, then under the plastic underbelly cover and along the door side frame, mounting the transmitter inside and above the front storage bay door and powering directly to the battery. I like your idea of mounting it on the HOC plaque too. Yes, it does have a good picture...wish Garmin would've designed the monitor for a split screen or PIP view of the video and GPS map.