What did you do to your camper today?

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Busy day today. Finished the surge protector install I started yesterday. It was not as difficult as I anticipated. While I had the basement wall down I cleaned up all of the manufacturing debris and secured all of the wires, heater ducting and cables I could reach. Then I installed a 5 LED light on the outside above the water heater so I can have a lot more light on the drivers side. I wired a separate switch for it in the UDC. I then went inside and measured and cut down the bed platform for a queen mattress, and moved the struts that raise the platform so that it opens wider. Tomorrow I will install the bedside stands we ordered and put in some back splash along the fridge area that doesn't have any. If i have time I will weld a platform to go from one battery to two and wire it all in plus move the battery shut off from the front compartment storage to the basement.

Wow, Mike! You got the energy! Can't wait to see the mods in Quanah. I want to see the bedside stands. Can you post a pic?

TravelTiger

We did work to get our W/D Combo installed. First figuring out what was behind the chases for the drain line and measuring, next was cutting the hole in the side and installing the vent. After lunch we plumbed for the drain pan drain line down into the propane compartment and finished installing the pan. Had a few other projects along the way, plus a trip to the hardware store, so we opted to finish the hooking-up and testing tomorrow. Tony cooked steaks on the grill, too!

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired
How well do they light up at night? Do they have different colors? This is something i want to do under the camper to light up the bottom ground

Brighter than that orange clearance light and bright enough for us. Not obnoxiously bright though.
Yes, clear, green, red for sure . Different lengths too. Mine are 2 8" pieces. I think I saw 11" & maybe 20"???

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Bones

Brighter than that orange clearance light and bright enough for us. Not obnoxiously bright though.
Yes, clear, green, red for sure . Different lengths too. Mine are 2 8" pieces. I think I saw 11" & maybe 20"???

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Thanks

Jim_Hull

After we picked up our new Big Country 4010 RD yesterday and getting it to the machine shed it will live in, we spent the rest of yesterday cleaning, sweeping and putting away everything from our last unit. I put vinyl tile on the bed platform to help the mattress slide to help us make the bed easier. We also spent last night in it. Today we will continue to clean and get things organized.

justafordguy

I finally got around to installing a ceiling fan in our Gateway 3650bh. Running the power wire through the roof was a pain but I think we will really love the fan.

Bones

I finally got around to installing a ceiling fan in our Gateway 3650bh. Running the power wire through the roof was a pain but I think we will really love the fan.

Did you take pictures of the install and what you did? I would like a ceiling fan too.

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired
How well do they light up at night? Do they have different colors? This is something i want to do under the camper to light up the bottom ground

Here you go...bright enough for you???
215aa296e7b853ce2d12d3bf28cdf0bc.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TravelTiger

We finished the Combo W/D install today, despite my waking up with the beginnings of a cold. Will do some laundry tomorrow if I feel up to it.

Since we have a combo, we opted to drill our vent hole a little lower than the marked spot so that the dryer vent would not have to go "uphill". It's more of a straight horizontal shot from the back of the Combo.

1aaf647e3289761e4bc94dffbbc289d0.jpg

Ready for the unit!

I'll come back and update this post with final install pic tomorrow.

(Note. We moved the pan forward after This pic was taken. See finished install.)

Last edited:

TravelTiger

Very nice job. Must be scary drilling that big hole in the side of your rig

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

c98b9673556a90f16b389cc85fab2f4d.jpg

I just watched, Tony did the cutting! Since we had just recently (November) installed this same combo in our ElkRidge, we knew what to expect. Still took just as long, (2-days), but at least we had the tools and knowledge.

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Very nice
I did that once adding a door on the side of my toyhualer with a 4" hole saw, and found one of the aluminum studs then I had to move over 1" and start over the cover my mistake... Live and learn

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

JWalker

Northeast Region Director-Retired
Here you go...bright enough for you???
215aa296e7b853ce2d12d3bf28cdf0bc.jpg

I know you told me this Sunday, but I can't remember. The memory went down the crapper when I turned 40. Where did you get the lights for above your exterior steps?