What did you do to your camper today?

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
Going up on the roof today to replace the broken over the air antenna (don't ask how - you can probably guess) with a new King antenna. Pictures of me falling off the roof to follow later.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well, all done. Found out my iPhone and rubber roof residue and Dicor don't get mix well so I had to forego pictures. Didn't fall off the roof, but am getting great over the air reception. So where we are sitting in Ashland, VA we have a choice of satellite, cable, and over the air.

boatto5er

The low profile king jack came standard on our '17 BH. All I'll say is it sits lower than the AC shroud so if the local stations are anywhere from 1 to 4 o'clock in relationship to the AC and antenna, good luck!!!

We rarely use over the air so shouldn't be a problem.

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
We rarely use over the air so shouldn't be a problem.

While in Vegas at the rally I hooked up to the park cable and scanned the channels, then put the King antenna up and scanned the local channels.

I left the antenna up and used it instead of the park cable as the picture was way better, even though the channel selection was not as good.

boatto5er

The picture I'm getting with the King is 10 times better than the old crank up unit.

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired
The picture I'm getting with the King is 10 times better than the old crank up unit.

No doubt a superior product compared to the batwing. I swapped out the batwing as JohnD did on our 3010 with outstanding results. Our new 3270 has the shorty version standard but as I mentioned in an earlier post the AC shields signals from its right. Case in point--at a campout a couple months ago a fellow HOC member with a batwing picked up channels I couldn't. IMO I contribute his success because the batwing was above his AC.

Geodude

Finally got around to installing reverse lights. These are 1700 lumens of turn off the night, all for the grand sum of $28 CDN and about $30 in wiring. Heartland is kind enough to wire the umbilical for the centre pin on the Bargman connector. It would be nice if they ran that line into the front basement during construction to save a bit of fishing wire although it wasn't that hard to do. So far these things are working great for letting people know you're backing up, and for lighting the way for nighttime arrivals. :D

2016-09-29 10.35.22.jpg 2016-09-29 10.35.36.jpg 2016-09-29 10.36.34.jpg 2016-09-29 10.36.46.jpg

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
Finally got around to installing reverse lights.

Those are pretty cool!

I've thought about doing something like that, and also a brake light in the middle somewhere on the back of the Prowler, but up higher than the bumper.

They put them on all cars and trucks now . . .

ProwlerUtahKOA-P1020477.jpg

I'm surprised that the RV industry hasn't caught on to the third brake light yet.

boatto5er

Got tired of doing stuff on the roof, so this morning I had two new G614s put on the RV. I had replaced the other two recently so now I have four "new" ones.

sjandbj

Those are pretty cool!

I've thought about doing something like that, and also a brake light in the middle somewhere on the back of the Prowler, but up higher than the bumper.

They put them on all cars and trucks now . . .

View attachment 48300

I'm surprised that the RV industry hasn't caught on to the third brake light yet.

That would cost a few extra dollars. It would be like seat belts were way back in time. The car companies knew they were a good thing but until they were required to have them in every car they didn't do it. Most of the time it is all about profit.

Geodude

That would cost a few extra dollars. It would be like seat belts were way back in time. The car companies knew they were a good thing but until they were required to have them in every car they didn't do it. Most of the time it is all about profit.

I thought about installing a third brake light but the brake lights on our BH are so bright there's no mistaking them coming on.

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Finally got around to installing reverse lights. These are 1700 lumens of turn off the night, all for the grand sum of $28 CDN and about $30 in wiring. Heartland is kind enough to wire the umbilical for the centre pin on the Bargman connector. It would be nice if they ran that line into the front basement during construction to save a bit of fishing wire although it wasn't that hard to do. So far these things are working great for letting people know you're backing up, and for lighting the way for nighttime arrivals. :D

View attachment 48290 View attachment 48291 View attachment 48292 View attachment 48293
Nice job
You beet me to this one. I'm waiting for the rear camera harness with the new Ford so I only have to fish all of the wire's back the once.
Is the center pin already wired to the backup lights on the truck or did you have to do that too ?

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Geodude

Nice job
You beet me to this one. I'm waiting for the rear camera harness with the new Ford so I only have to fish all of the wire's back the once.
Is the center pin already wired to the backup lights on the truck or did you have to do that too ?

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Luckily the truck's centre pin was already set up for backup lights. I hope the new trucks are the same!

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
Found a torn D seal on the side of the slideout. After checking all but 2 of the D seals were torn. Some worse than others. I was able to order some D Seal from PPL and replaced all of the torn seals. Also on the inside of the out 'lip' of the slideout I saw where there was rubber debris from the seals. That was where the seals were sticking to the inside of the slideout lip causing the tearing. So I had to clean off all of the rubber debris. I used an orange room deodorizer from Home Depot to remove it and a plastic putty knife taped onto a long pole. After cleaning and installing new D seals I wiped everything down with 303. Not a hard job but a PITA job. Recommendation - keep the inside lip of the slideout clean and treated with 303. Also 303 the D seals too. If I would have done that it sure could have saved me alot of trouble.

Yikes. Just another lack of pride in workmanship. Makes, me sad for those folks who work in factory to produce these units. They, might want to add a few more quality control inspectors. If, it was taken care of before it left the factory. There would be fewer complaints. We really like our unit. Just saying.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired
Hooked 'er up and towed it to the Island Family Resort CG in Maryland. Impromptu tri-state campout with other Heartlanders!!
Next stop, NC rally...

MCTalley

We discovered this summer that we had a hydraulic leak in the underbelly. I ultimately narrowed it down to the door-side slide ram inner connection. I cut into the belly a couple weekends ago and verified that nothing was loose and that it was not the hose assembly.

I figured out the fitting part number from Lippert's site and found direct replacements on Amazon for $7 each (with free Prime shipping). I also picked up a roll of Flex-Mend tape to repair and close up the access I cut in the underbelly. Though the roll of tape is pricy ($49), it is 180' long, so I have plenty left.

No pictures of the repair process so I wouldn't ruin my phone with hydraulic fluid. Also, the reason the other fitting was leaking was that the black o-ring was bad (see image on Amazon link, below, to see where the o-ring is).

For future reference:

Flex-Mend Belly Tape on Amazon

Brennan Industries 6801-LL-04-04 hydraulic fitting on Amazon*

*Note that I didn't need the long (LL) version of this, but it fit fine. I couldn't find the short (6801-04-04) fitting on Amazon.

Last edited:

boatto5er

Replaced the old Panasonic receiver today with a new Samsung with built in Blu Ray player. Wasn't as hard as I feared it would be as surround sound speaker wiring connection color coding was identical. Gave me an opportunity to clean up the wiring jungle behind the TV and receiver areas.