What did you do to your TV today (2015)?

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

I lowered my Reese Signature series hitch down one bolt hole, about 2 inches. It was all the way up from my Toy hauler, and i still only had about 5" to 6". Now with the landmark and the TrailAir I have a lot more 8" to 10" maybe. Also to see if I can get the Level-up to work right and return to truck height.
I replaced all 4 grade 8 bolts with new ones just to be safe. That's a lot of weight on 4 bolts

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Oh happy day, we finally got running boards (3" wheel-to-wheel nerf bars from ICI) for the truck! (sorry the truck is dirty, 2/3 of the roads in our town are gravel.)

IMG_3649.jpg

Bones

Oh happy day, we finally got running boards (3" wheel-to-wheel nerf bars from ICI) for the truck! (sorry the truck is dirty, 2/3 of the roads in our town are gravel.)

View attachment 40568
No posting of dirty trucks allowed!!!!!! You must wash then rewash then you can post. :cool: J/k I like that they go all the way back to the bed.

TravelTiger

No posting of dirty trucks allowed!!!!!! You must wash then rewash then you can post. :cool: J/k I like that they go all the way back to the bed.

I know, I'll post a clean truck pic when I can get it washed. Sick today, and still have work to do. :(

I like the kick-out for the dual wheel. Why we got them, so I can reach the hitch! :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Hey, Erika, them rails look just like mine! And my truck is almost as dirty.

porthole

Retired
In between the downpours I removed the Air Zenith compressor which failed (turned out to be a bad piston seal) and replaced it with a pair of Viair 480's.
Plumbed it so one compressor does most of the work, but when needed the 2nd compressor is just a switch away.

TravelTiger

Hey, Erika, them rails look just like mine! And my truck is almost as dirty.

John, they are the same. I searched for that thread where you had purchased them and liked them. I did some more research and found an even better price at autoanything.com, but the shipping was a little more problematic in that it had to come via freight delivery on a semi and be inspected/refused before taking delivery. We managed to get them though, and Tony had a coworker put them on and our new Hawk Super Duty brake pads, since he has a nice shop to do that. :)

MagnoliaTom

Taking advantage of the beautiful weather and cleaned out the interior of my truck. I'll probably end up washing the elkridge as well.

TravelTiger

Taking advantage of the beautiful weather and cleaned out the interior of my truck. I'll probably end up washing the elkridge as well.

I know, isn't it great? First tiny taste of real fall, here in Texas. I'm unfortunately recovering from a stomach bug, otherwise I'd be washing our ElkRidge!

MagnoliaTom

I know, isn't it great? First tiny taste of real fall, here in Texas. I'm unfortunately recovering from a stomach bug, otherwise I'd be washing our ElkRidge!

Yes, so nice to have mild temperatures. I call it convertible weather. About the only time in Texas that people can drop the top on their cars. Get well soon. The elkridge would love a bath! I know mine does

MagnoliaTom

Yesterday I rotated the tires. A lot of work to DIY. Especially since it's a dually. Plus, it was hot. Houston's high temp was 93F yesterday. Next time I'm taking it to the tire shop to do the rotation!

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired
I pulled the hitch out of the bed and lowered the Leer cap down on the bed rails. Now I'm ready for trips to the cabin, my buddy's hunting camp, and whatnot. Sadly I'd say we're done for 2015.
Come on 2016!!!!
2c1bae573d18438a8e000f3ac6e2229a.jpg

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
I wish I had kept my topper, but had no place to store it except outside.

I was worried that a neighborhood cat or some other animal would spray in it (had a carpeted ceiling).

Truck&CamperAtGasStationSmall.jpg TruckAtGrandCanyon-IMG_3537.jpg

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired
I wish I had kept my topper, but had no place to store it except outside.

I was worried that a neighborhood cat or some other animal would spray in it (had a carpeted ceiling)]

Mine does too but my garage is high enough I designed this rigging to hang it from the trusses.
BTW-we have two garages which helps !!!

bf987957542b907073410c942e51c253.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

MagnoliaTom

I changed the oil. I also added a homelink module to the visor so I can open my gate and garage doors without the remotes. My truck didn't come with it so I got a visor off an f150 from the junk yard. I took it apart and removed the module from it. I knew my visor had a space for it so I was able to install it in mine. Cost $15 and works great

Diamondjim

MagnoliaTom - what a neat idea. I'll have to look into that idea. Think my 2005 RAM2500 would have it in the overhead apparatus (console), might be a little more complicated, but still a great idea.

We live in a gated community, so that and 2 garage remotes could disappear.
:p

MagnoliaTom

Diamondjim-
It's really easy to hook up. Only two wires. I soldered mine into the vanity light on the visor. You could tie into some wiring in the overhead console. Also, you do not need to be brand or model specific when you go to the junkyard. If your truck offered the option, you might have already have the space for it.
On edit: looks like yours has the homelink built into the console and overhead computer. It would be a bit of work to make it look factory. You can just get a complete console and swap them out. eBay has a couple ($$$) but I would go to your local salvage yard. If your handy, the swap should not be too difficult and shouldn't take more than 15-20 minutes.

Shortest Straw

Caught In A Mosh
Put new caliper brackets and slide pins on the front as I had a couple of them freeze up. While I was at it put new cryo slot rotors and hawk pads on all four corners. The previous set was 5 years old and had plenty of life left if I wasn't towing but it was time. Wednesday I will be installing a 26 row trans cooler to help with temps as we are towing heavier these days. I also got rid of the stock turbo waste gate controller and installed a new one from the DieselSite and adjusted it while I was seating in the brake pads. Now I get a steady 24 psi of boost when I need it.