What Frame Of Mind Is Lippert In?

BigGuy82

I purchased the Heartland bicycle rack receiver (I think Lippert makes this part) that is intended to fit between the two brackets welded to the frame in the rear of the coach. When I went to bolt it in place, it was 1/2" too long. Oh well, I had to take it in for some warranty work anyway, so let the dealer worry about it. Here's what happened.

The receiver was not too long (according to Heartland) ... the brackets were too close together. Now these are welded onto the frame, so you'd think this would have been done on a frame jig. You'd be wrong or the jig needs some serious repair. Why? Well the dealer had 3 other Bighorns on the lot, so they measured the distance between the brackets. Four coaches (mine included), four different measurements. The solution to my problem was to remove both brackets and re-weld them into the proper postition. They both had to be moved because moving only one resulted in an off center situation.

Dealer repaired it and I was on my way. Maybe Lipert should check their jig?

RDsStudio59

Hi BigGuy82,
Haven't had that problem on our Cyclone yet. Might be experiencing it soon as I am thinking about doing something similar. Have had some other Lippert related problems but Heartland Customer Service took care of them for me in Elkhart.
Checking the jig or print is a good idea for sure.
Thank you for your service and happy travels.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

jbeletti

Dick,

Sorry this happened on your coach and happy to hear your dealer made it right for you.

I've passed this along to the VP of Customer Service at LCI so they can address this with production.

Thanks!

BigGuy82

Dick,

Sorry this happened on your coach and happy to hear your dealer made it right for you.

I've passed this along to the VP of Customer Service at LCI so they can address this with production.

Thanks!

Jim,

No big deal - it was handled well. Just thought they might like to know.

If you require more info, please let me know.

Thanks

jbeletti

Jim,

No big deal - it was handled well. Just thought they might like to know.

If you require more info, please let me know.

Thanks

No sweat on this end. But like you, I felt LCI should know. If they ask me for additional info, I'll reach out to you. Thanks.