What is being done about Towmax Tires

Bigelk

Thanks for the replies, I am going to talk with heartland and see if the trailer did leave the factory with something different, if so I will be contacting Camping world in Dothan,Al also. You would think any Camping World would be better than that:mad:. Maybe a letter to the boss :rolleyes:. I buy trailers outside of Az because they are usually 10000. less over anything from Az. I didn't think it cost that much to get them out here ! Thanks again ! Love this Forum !

BigGuy82

Maybe a letter to the boss :rolleyes:.
If you want to write to “the boss”, the CEO is Marcus Lemonis of TV’s “The Profit” fame. Chances are he won’t answer but hey, it’s worth a try! I had a problem at Camping World over a class A a few years back. I do use their stores, which are usually well stocked, but for camper sales and service, I avoid them.

Bigelk

OK, a little update, Dynamic is going to cover the tires at 625 dollars which is not bad. Camping world of Dothan Alabama said they had no record of the tire change. Like they would log that ! Any way going after them for the rest of my tire cost and my insurance is also going after them for the damage. Will up date as things progress. I believe Heartland had 14 ply Sailuns as that is what they told me were on my model trailer. Take care all !

WillyBill

OK, a little update, Dynamic is going to cover the tires at 625 dollars which is not bad. Camping world of Dothan Alabama said they had no record of the tire change. Like they would log that ! Any way going after them for the rest of my tire cost and my insurance is also going after them for the damage. Will up date as things progress. I believe Heartland had 14 ply Sailuns as that is what they told me were on my model trailer. Take care all !

If they swapped your tires you may also have lost the rims rated for "G" tires. If you put "G" tires on a rim rated for "E" tires - even if you keep the air at or under 80 psi - Tredit will not warranty the rims if you have a problem.

Don't ask me how I know.:p

Bigelk

Ha ! Ha ! I won't ask. I did check the rims and they are rated for the G rating. I also bought another matching rim for the spare. I am going to rotate them once in a while. Had to ask the discount guys to balance the the new tires ? Not sure why they don,t do that. My other travel trailer had the tires balanced evry time I replaced them. Any way we will see what happens.

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
Tire shops always fill up trailer tires to what car tires are supposed to be inflated to.

Alway recheck the air pressure before you leave the tire shop as they always seem to under-inflate trailer tires.

An example, we recently had to stop and get a nail removed from one of our trailer tires and I asked the tire guy to be sure to put 65 psi in the tire and I asked him when he put it back on if it had 65 psi in it.

He said "Yes!"

So I put the Tire Minder back on (kind of a PITA, but worth it) and as I started to pull out the low pressure alarm went off and showed that tire at 34.5 psi.

ProwlerAtPeerlessTire-PA101345.jpg

mlpeloquin

One more thing to check is the torque the shop applied to the lugs. I check every time. Some are over torqued and some are under torqued. Not by more then ten foot pounds, but they do not use torque wrenches. They claim that their pneumatic impact wrench is calibrated. They are not or are not that accurate.

Bigelk

Thanks, I will check them when I get the trailer out of the shop. I did watch them use a torque wrench on all the lug nuts, but will check them any way. Just want to go camping, our weather is nice but to warm for this time of year !

mlpeloquin

Thanks, I will check them when I get the trailer out of the shop. I did watch them use a torque wrench on all the lug nuts, but will check them any way. Just want to go camping, our weather is nice but to warm for this time of year !

Sounds like you went to a good shop.

tireman9

All tire & wheel failures should be reported to NHTSA. They can order a recall if the tires or wheels are found defective.
Probably get free replacements too.