What is the difference between the styles of awnings???

randolu

We are looking at ordering a Newport in the next couple months. We have never had a rig with a power awning before and noticed that there is choice between a "power awning" and a " alumi-guard awning". Could someone please tell me the difference between the two.....other than the price?

Kenneths

I might be mistaken but I think the alumi- guard is just an optional aluminum cover for the awning when it is in the stored position to protect it..

2psnapod2

Texas-South Chapter Leaders-Retired
In my opinion the Alumni-guard awnings are a great upgrade. Really protects the awnings when they are in. I wish I had them on mine. Also would like to see them on my slide outs.

TxCowboy

Are these aluminum awning covers an aftermarket item? I don't recall seeing them on the HL options listings.

jbeletti

Kenneths is correct. The option is a metal wrapped weathershield for the patio awnings only. I like the additional measure of protection for when passing dangeroucly close to tree branches. Better the scrape tha metal cover than the awning fabric.

randolu

Thank you everyone for your responses. We will not be hauling this unit as we just live in it during the summer months so not sure if it is something we would need but will consider it. :)