Whats with the Pop-Ups?

CabinetmakerII

It has been a while since I visted this forum and I noticed that a pop-up window appears evry time I change I pages. I do not recall this happening ever before. This pop-up hides some informion on he left side of the page and seems to be a linked to search for RV's for sale. I have not been able find a way to "turn off" these unwanted pop-ups. I just wish they would go away! :mad::mad::mad:

NWILSON

Kentucky Chapter Leaders - retired
Does the pop-up have a name on the border somewhere? Not the name of the RV or dealer but something that looks like it could be the name of the software that's causing the popup.
If you find a name, go to Control Panel then Uninstall a Program and see if that name appears on the list of installed programs.
Or....if the name doesn't appear in programs, do a Google search for "Removing XXXXX" (XXXXX is the name you found).
Let us know what you find as someone else may see that same popup too.

CabinetmakerII

Neale, I think you are on to something.... After I posted this, I went to make a reservation for a campsite in Idaho and got the same type of pop-up. I started looking at the pop-up which gave me the opportunity to drill down and then opt out... I guess it worked. Not getting the pop-up now. Thanks for the hint!

Does the pop-up have a name on the border somewhere? Not the name of the RV or dealer but something that looks like it could be the name of the software that's causing the popup.
If you find a name, go to Control Panel then Uninstall a Program and see if that name appears on the list of installed programs.
Or....if the name doesn't appear in programs, do a Google search for "Removing XXXXX" (XXXXX is the name you found).
Let us know what you find as someone else may see that same popup too.