What's your favorite carry weapon?

htneighbors

Unbelievably Blessed!
Got some other handguns when at the house and visiting good states...but while in Illinois (the gun UN-friendly state), I have a Lorcin 9mm that I keep close. Only paid $100. It's almost a gun! Didn't want to bring a real one in case something happens and I lose the weapon forever! :rolleyes: I really want to get a Bersa!

DWSW2012

Dennis carries a Ruger .380 and Sherry carries a Beretta .25 cal. I Still have my 6" .357 I carried in the seventies too.

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and family. We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge if needed.

Since you have been a member for a while I hope you have seen all the info that is available to our members.

Enjoy the forum.

Jim M[/QUOTE]

Thanks Jim.:cool:

Last edited:

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
I just ordered a 1847 Colt Walker (Uberti) with the cylinder so I can shoot 44.40 long Colt ammo. Ball and caps would be a PINA to load but I do want to try it at some point. Its famously known as the 1st 44 magnum and hand held cannon.

Last edited:

Stinger381

I have most of the .40 caliber glocks and they are my favorite. I really like the glock 27 for concealment. I like the 22c for accuracy and the Glock 23 when I want a little of both. I also have the Sig Sauer that is a great weapon too.

pegmikef

I just bought a new 9mm (Kahr CM9) that I am going to test drive. It is easily concealable and better yet, DW liked the way it feels. After a couple of hundred rounds, if I like it, I may replace my .380 with it for a carry weapon.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Dave, your right about hiding it. BUT, would you screw with someone that had this "hog leg" hanging out of their belt?? I always wondered why John Wayne walked funny. A 4 1/2# gun would make you walk sideways after awhile.

happykraut

For what it's worth. I had a friend of mine, on the St. Louis SWAT team(now retired), tell me once to NEVER let anyone know that you are carrying.

Lynn1130

I mentioned this before, I think on this thread, but I hope he was referring to other civilians because not telling the LE that stops you would be a rather large mistake. Chances are he/she has run your vehicle plate prior to the stop and may already know that you have a CCP. Providing that information is common sense as well as common courtesy. It certainly creates a less tense stop and in Arizona you are required to acknowledge the fact if asked by LE. I know that I appreciated knowing on stops and interviews.

mrcomer

Past Ohio Chapter Leaders (Founding)
I recently got lucky and was able to aquire a Smith and Wesson M&P Shield 9mm. Real nice pistol.

happykraut

I mentioned this before, I think on this thread, but I hope he was referring to other civilians because not telling the LE that stops you would be a rather large mistake. Chances are he/she has run your vehicle plate prior to the stop and may already know that you have a CCP. Providing that information is common sense as well as common courtesy. It certainly creates a less tense stop and in Arizona you are required to acknowledge the fact if asked by LE. I know that I appreciated knowing on stops and interviews.
I totally agree with you. He was not talking about keeping it from the police when pulled over.

jimtoo

According to our local Police Officers here (George West, Texas) that when they run a 28--29 the Concealed Handgun Lic in Texas is not linked to the license plate of the vehicle YET.. but it probably is coming. Which I think would be good for them to know that at least the registered owner of the vehicle has a CHL.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
According to our local Police Officers here (George West, Texas) that when they run a 28--29 the Concealed Handgun Lic in Texas is not linked to the license plate of the vehicle YET.. but it probably is coming. Which I think would be good for them to know that at least the registered owner of the vehicle has a CHL.

The Concealed Handgun License is linked to the Driver's License of the individual. The LEO can run a 28-29 (registration and wanted) on a license plate, find the vehicle owners name and then run the owners name for a DL (drivers license). The if the license is found it should come back with whether the person has a Handgun license. The 28-29 will come back with information showing whether the vehicle is insured or not.

Tom Cobb

Texas law was changed recently so that a CHL holder is no longer required to notify the police that have CHL. It used to be that you had to present your CHL anytime you were asked for a drivers license. No longer however. Once they run your DL they will know you have a CHL.

Zoomzoommo

I recently got lucky and was able to aquire a Smith and Wesson M&P Shield 9mm. Real nice pistol.

That's my carry weapon too. Use an appendage holster, and not even noticeable when wearing t-shirts. Have the standard M&P 9mm setup with an LED light for home defense, and shoot most of my practice rounds with an M&P .22. Love the consistency of ergonomics and trigger pull on all three.

Glock 19 with Crimson Trace laser integrated in grip for home and road. Missed the CC and tactical classes twice due to flu and biz travel. Looking at a Ruger LCR .38 for carry.

DJH

I carry a Glock 36 45cal. with lasermax laser, and night sites for when i don't want to use the laser.

Lynn1130

Glock 27 with Trigicon sights and two mags in .40 cal. And if that does not stop them a Steyr Aug .223 with three 30 round mags. Obviously I am not carrying the Aug but if someone enters the home or trailer and the Glock does not stop them, I pity the fool that keeps coming.